• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

Why would that stop us signing the player? 'Due to sign' sounds like everything had been tied up and it's just crossing the t's and dotting the i's, I can't see the player having Covid stopping it happening

What if he dies of it or has long term effects.

He began his career at RB and wasn't particularly commanding at CB vs Cambridge was he? Also might I note that he completely lost his man for one of Cambridge's goals.

It's just not very ambitious to take on a 36 year old when the wages could be spent strengthening our attack instead.

It's ultimately down to the player to prove me wrong but I don't understand the manager changing our formations and game plans to accommodate him.

After reading that, i'm stroking may chin saying Jimmy Hill

Perhaps he didn't sign because of the positive test meaning he will miss at least the next 2 weeks so we're lining someone else up instead.

Despite how poorly we played yesterday we had enough chances to win the match thanks to our defence, we just need someone a bit more clinical up front, I'd go all out to get Bogle from Charlton until the end of the season or look at getting Liam Delap from City on loan (we might struggle with that one though) or take a punt on Shayne Lavery from Linfield

Don’t seem to be any guesses or people in the know about who it might be. Out of favour midfielder at L2 club with Covid ?️

The positive covid test could be RM. :Smile:

This had occurred to me. Everyone has automatically assumed it’s the player in question, but all we know for certain is that a positive test is what stopped it happening. Who’s positive test it was, is still a mystery....

The positive test might be preventing him travelling, or a medical thus preventing him physically being able to sign a contract

He passed a medical Thursday and got a positive COVID Friday he was in the building at some stage it was a done deal, but obviously we wouldn’t be dumb enough to sign a player until the COVID test is negative

Equally Scunthorpe were regularly praised on here as a great example of signing players nice and early gets you results. Turns out it's never when ....... it's who.Stan and Freddy being a good couple of examples.

Scunny eh? Who would have thought.

It used to be Crewe who were praised widely on this forum. "Crewe are doing this and Crewe are doing that. Crewe have found a 5 year old school boy and made him into a world class player 20 years later. Why can't we?" Etcetera.

And then Peterborough have also been hailed as a club with great skills in the transfer market (that £100,000+ they spent on Coulthirst doesn't get mentioned though).

And any club that manages to pick up a greengrocer/amatuer player from a small town in Ireland and get a large transfer fee has many people urging the club to do the same.

The other "plan" is to link up with a top league club so that we can benefit in spades from the talent that they farm. As we know all the loan players from clubs like Tottenham Hotspur are all guaranteed to be household names in the coming years. Players like Sterling for instance.

I can't help thinking it's a bit trickier to do than some people think so I'll just leave the club to get on and do the best they can. Besides I have some wallpapering to get on with ......

This had occurred to me. Everyone has automatically assumed it’s the player in question, but all we know for certain is that a positive test is what stopped it happening. Who’s positive test it was, is still a mystery....
I'm glad someone was listening. My point exactly, bear in mind who wasn't at the game yesterday apparently.

BB & Bill Garner......proper strike force
Let's have a front 5 with Billy Best, Big Bill Garner & Gary Moore all signed by the late great Ernie Shepherd for just over £20,000. Then on the wings Terry Johnson signed by Arthur Rowley and Peter(Spud)Taylor who was also signed by Ernie. Now that is a forward line with goals, goals goals written all over it.

I'm glad someone was listening. My point exactly, bear in mind who wasn't at the game yesterday apparently.

I thought about that but Chris Phillips said:

SOUTHEND United had been due to add another midfielder to their squad this week, only for their target to test positive for coronavirus.

Let's have a front 5 with Billy Best, Big Bill Garner & Gary Moore all signed by the late great Ernie Shepherd for just over £20,000. Then on the wings Terry Johnson signed by Arthur Rowley and Peter(Spud)Taylor who was also signed by Ernie. Now that is a forward line with goals, goals goals written all over it.

Great memories.

Back