• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

Jamie Proctor was recently recalled from a loan by Rotherham. Would be ideal. He was a Brown target once upon a time a few years back. Certainly fits the target man description, but has always played his football up north so not sure it would be him.

Also he's interesting Hurst, who has signed him before, so can see him joining Grimsby.
Grimsby signed another big lump Centre Forward in Stefan Payne yesterday, so I would have thought unlikely to go for Proctor as well

Watched the Wycombe Spurs game last night and they had a forward Ikpeazu up front.Who believe was once on our radar.What I would give to get someone like him on board

Watched the Wycombe Spurs game last night and they had a forward Ikpeazu up front.Who believe was once on our radar.What I would give to get someone like him on board

I though Akinfenwa was strong. That guy was ridiculous, the Spurs defenders just bounced off of him!

He's akinfenwas protegy. But taller and younger and faster. Not got akinfenwas savvy or positioning yet (which is really good). He's a monster and a handful for sure and suited more to league 1 and 2 than the championship based on what He's being taught.
He was impressive . Spurs struggled with him before adi came on. AKInfenwa is apparently the nicest bloke you could wish to meet and helps everybody in any way he can. Gentle giant off the pitch. Very clever on it

Had another look at NL goalscorer.

Second with 9 in 14 and much tracked is some guy call Sam Barratt.
It does sound like he's doing well but keep in mind 4 of those were penalties, it's a decent return but it's not an indication that he would have been the answer to our goalscoring problems.

He's akinfenwas protegy. But taller and younger and faster. Not got akinfenwas savvy or positioning yet (which is really good). He's a monster and a handful for sure and suited more to league 1 and 2 than the championship based on what He's being taught.
He was impressive . Spurs struggled with him before adi came on. AKInfenwa is apparently the nicest bloke you could wish to meet and helps everybody in any way he can. Gentle giant off the pitch. Very clever on it

Completely agree. But yes have heard good things about him. My sister met him once shooting a tv advert and he said was a great guy. But she doesn't follow football and had no idea who he was!

It does sound like he's doing well but keep in mind 4 of those were penalties, it's a decent return but it's not an indication that he would have been the answer to our goalscoring problems.
Agree he is not a CF- rather my point was we let him go when we couldn't bring anyone in. It was more of an aside to the main point which is where can we find a CF..

I worked at Swansea City many moons ago and Akinfenwa was there then, can vouch he is a top top guy and the fact he is the same age as me and is playing championship football at nearly 39 shows that although he may look like a fat lump he is in fact a very savvy and determined pro. Could you imagine him in a league 2 side now, he would tear it up - good 12-15 goals and unplayable

From the interviews of his that I have seen I would have to agree with that. He comes over as a really decent bloke.

It's obvious we need a big and experienced target man.

It would be such a boost to have a new face up top in the starting 11 tonight.

As a club we have dragged our heels for a long time now.

What we really need is a fortune type player. Someone who will chip in with the odd goal or two but has that ability to dictate further up the pitch.

After what was served up last night, I'm afraid it isn't just one striker that will solve all our problems.

Agreed. We had a flukey run in December, which papered over the cracks. I think we need 4/5 first team level players in, so we strengthen both XI and the bench. Clearly that won’t happen, hence despite my rose-tinted glasses, all I can see coming over the hill is relegation (to coin a Col U chant for us in 2006/7).

Make your mind up , said he was happy with the squad a few days back , man for man Bradford were better than us last night apart from Oxley & Akinola who i thought looked decent again

After what was served up last night, I'm afraid it isn't just one striker that will solve all our problems.
Agreed, and I can imagine what Ron might be saying to Mark about that. Were the signings of Walsh, Halford and Cordner really necessary? To my mind all three are luxuries we couldn't afford. Striker and central midfield were obvious areas for attention and I fear that Ron may now be saying make do with the squad you have assembled.

Agreed, and I can imagine what Ron might be saying to Mark about that. Were the signings of Walsh, Halford and Cordner really necessary? To my mind all three are luxuries we couldn't afford. Striker and central midfield were obvious areas for attention and I fear that Ron may now be saying make do with the squad you have assembled.

just looks like a complete shambles

Back