• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

I’ve always wanted Holmes to sign and would still have him now. Offer him a short contract what’s the harm. Look at the impact McCormack and Halford had!

I’ve always wanted Holmes to sign and would still have him now. Offer him a short contract what’s the harm. Look at the impact McCormack and Halford had!

I wonder if an old Phil Brown target, Jamie Proctor, a 6' 2" striker currently on loan with Newport from Rotherham, will be available during the January window? Proctor has never been particularly prolific but he is 28 and is a good size. MM certainly needs someone who is good in the air, experienced, and has a real physical presence.

At least signing him would mean he isn't playing against us and so can't get is standard goal. I always think back to that absolute screamer he scored for Barnet in front of the north bank.

Decent signing for them, they've picked up two more today too (Lines from Northampton and Stevens from Forest Green)

Was always going to be the way that other clubs around us would recruit better and were able to spend more money than us in the window unfortunately. Lines is a really good acquisition at this level.

Was always going to be the way that other clubs around us would recruit better and were able to spend more money than us in the window unfortunately. Lines is a really good acquisition at this level.

Really? Why was it always going to be the case that the likes of Stevenage and Barrow would recruit better and spend more than us in this window?

Decent signing for them, they've picked up two more today too (Lines from Northampton and Stevens from Forest Green)

Yes Luke is a very good player and still only 27, I think he was one of our higher earners so Robbie Cowling is ( Like he said) taking every opportunity to lower the wage bill. Stevenage are obviously throwing a fair bit of cash around in an attempt to avoid relegation.

Stevenage also signed Chris lines, always been a big fan of this guy, great midfielder and always played well against us, mainly when playing for Bristol rovers.

In the next 7-10 days I think we will also be very pleased with the business we have done.

Not doubting any of your inside info etc and looking forward to some decent signings.
Just wondered why 7-10 days and not ‘now’ ?
Is there something significant in that ?

Not doubting any of your inside info etc and looking forward to some decent signings.
Just wondered why 7-10 days and not ‘now’ ?
Is there something significant in that ?

Maybe we are expecting someone to leave us ? Just a guess.

Yeah possibly.
Just concerned that if signings need time to get over the line they could be hijacked
Just bear in mind how the club have been with transfers this season, we tend to announce signings on the day of the match and keep things very quiet.

Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it isn't happening

Or we are doing the hijacking?

Petejames, that is a tantalising comment, especially as the Chairman remarked about a month ago that Southend were chasing a tall striker and had offered more than a Division 1 club he was currently training with.

Really? Why was it always going to be the case that the likes of Stevenage and Barrow would recruit better and spend more than us in this window?

Because we have barely been able to scrape enough money to pay last year's tax bill? We were also under a transfer embargo until the Premier League loans came in

And that is before you even consider our appalling recruitment record under this chairman over the past few years.

Back