• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 19m19 minutes ago
Luton, Cambridge, Colchester and Southend are battling it out to sign Norwich City midfielder Cameron McGeehan

He's like that kid asking his mum for another biscuit before dinner.

"Oh please Ron, just one more midfielder. This will be my last one I promise".

"No Phil, you've had enough, you'll spoil your budget and you can't have all the midfielders because it's not fair on the other clubs".

*Phil sulks and goes back to his computer to google 'good striker what can score in t'league 2'*

What about this fellow? He's been made available for loan or a permanent transfer and as far as I can remember it's been reported that Brown was interested in him in the past.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Harrison

Phil Brown has tried to get him before, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go back in for him now he is available once again.

All this thread proves how difficult it is. He probably has the budget to bring one striker in, so he has to get it bang on correct, he doesn't have the luxury of us forum folk of throwing 20 different names in a thread would seemingly guarantee us goals, as we can never proved right or wrong can we ! We also don't know how many enquiries he may have made to be knocked back. I've said it before, also getting non league players now a days is tough because some of these players have well paid day jobs with the type of security you cannot get from a lower league football clubs.

I am a supporter of Brown, I love the fact that we don't concede goals. I've been a centre back at the end of playing career (after playing up front) and there is nothing worse then heading into a game thinking you may conceded ! We have the mentality that that won't happen. We are not far from the complete team that can move us up. Again, I am concerned about the goals but not entertainment ! This is a business that determines promotion must come before entertainment . Also I've seen a whole lot worse down here as well. Dick Bate , Murphy (apart from Sir Stan), Martin, Newman , Wignall .... Wow that hurt typing those names ! Recent history dictates that some people were spoilt by the Tilson era, which is the nature or the beast that is football.

and never scored a league goal. Just what we need right now.

Neither had Freddy Eastwood, Britt Assombalonga, Jamie Vardy or Michael Kightly to name but a few. Jason Williams has never scored a league goal either, so why do we have multiple threads/posters calling for him to start?

Got to ship some out, surely. This squad is way too large. I'd start with sending JBW back and losing 2 midfielders.

Brown just said he wants to keep Deegan and BW at the club, so presumably looking at persuading Ronaldo to extend deals in some way?

Pointless. We sign guys from non league, do nothing with them for 2 months and loan them back to the same level. Isaac Layne says Hi!

Depends on the player, Isaac wasn’t prolific anddidn’t particularly stand out in the Billericay team he has very raw attributesand we have taken a gamble. Knowing a few players who were at Billericay lastseason none of them thought he was ready for league football, he has thepotential to be a decent player but the fact he hasn’t been banging them in onloan suggests he is someway off league standard at the moment. If we were tosign a player who has been performing well and scoring consistently at a lowerlevel then that is a different kettle of fish. When Layne was signed it wasstated he was signing for the development squad and not the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] team.

For around 100 year's Ron has told us the club loses over a billion per week,we cannot pay the taxman or players blah blah.

I long for the day when we STOP the silly marquee signings including ex prem managers and get who we can afford.

Our most successful period was under cheap Steve Tilson and his cheap players,that is the only way to succeed.

For around 100 year's Ron has told us the club loses over a billion per week,we cannot pay the taxman or players blah blah.

I long for the day when we STOP the silly marquee signings including ex prem managers and get who we can afford.

Our most successful period was under cheap Steve Tilson and his cheap players,that is the only way to succeed.

Richie Foran, Peter Clarke, Billy Paynter and Matt Harrold weren't cheap :'(

There are a few teams like Rotherham,Crawley and Fleetwood who threw money around that would disagree with that.

Nothing wrong with spending money if you get the right players.

Again, wasn't you complaining we didn't offer Holman a non league player a big enough deal?

Richie Foran, Peter Clarke, Billy Paynter and Matt Harrold weren't cheap :'(

Nor successful.

Tilsons most successful period was prior to having money to spend.

However he also spent fairly big on Bailey which formed our best central midfield of his tenure so spending big can work.

Back