• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glad you ask that, I've no idea. I thought it was to do with Taylor leaving etc but someone else also asked that and CP said no. I'm guessing the trust issue is possibly Barrett himself. Gills havnt wanted him all season, we assume that we do, yet it's not that simple. CP has obviously talked to someone in the know but can't quite reveal the whole story.

Yeah I don't think it's particularly easy to work out either! If Barrett won't cancel his contract by mutual consent, maybe it's something to do with Gillingham not wanting to pay him off and terminate his contract? Can't imagine Barrett would be difficult about it though and can't imagine they would want a fee for a 35 year old with 6 months left on his contract?

Was there not a quote from the Wimbledon manager that they didn't want Barrett to leave until the end of the month?

Ah okay that might be the answer then. If they're short on CB cover, they might want to keep him until they can get someone else in?

I think you've misunderstood Chris's message. It probably should say "I don't break people's trust." He is told things in confidence and he doesn't dish the dirt. If he betrayed that trust then he wouldn't get any more info. Ever.

Isnt that the point I made??

I have suggested names of players to sign yet the only one you mentioned was Andy Johnson copying another poster and then later slate signing old players. I was impressed with Pigotts debut, was you? All you have done is rant about Phil Brown for the last few months. Maybe that might give you a clue on why i am on here as i have never thought about joining the forum before. Do you not see what you have just said in your last post exactly describes yourself.

Yada yada yada zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Dear owners,

Can you give this dipstick his very own sticky thread so he can rant rant and rant again to his hearts content.

He has hijacked this thread which I would imagine annoys many ?( possibly).

There is an element of irony here you appear to be missing.

On topic from now chaps....

Well said, anyway latest news is that someone just started a thread on the forum about Michael Chopra, supposivley we have offered him a short term deal until the end of the season. I will try find some truth in this.

CP tweeted we are looking at Elliot Lee and keeping an eye on his progress with a possibility to sign end of month.

Two signings hopefully this week.

So looks like more new faces than expected?

Looking to announce two new signings tomorrow- not including Lee who we will watch play tomorrow and may become another by the end of the month.

So including Piggott we could be looking at 4 in (which explain the outs - three of the ins could be strikers so JW would not get game time under those circumstances..)

Also Phil Brown is watching the Ipswich v Southampton game tonight. Not sure why

Rumours circulating that Leeds are interested in Dan Bentley, does this mean we need to be in the market for a new keeper considering Smiths young and old would be either 'not ready' or 'too inconsistent' (respectively) at the back?

Incidently, does PB have a budget for a striker or can we expect a loan or a free at best?

Back