• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Im not sure if there is already a thread for this, but anyway. Who do you want us to sign? and don't say (a striker) give names. Suggest free transfers and loans. Maybe suggest some players we should get rid off. First one i saw was that Jermaine Easter got Released by Millwall this week, would you?

Im not sure if there is already a thread for this, but anyway. Who do you want us to sign? and don't say (a striker) give names. Suggest free transfers and loans. Maybe suggest some players we should get rid off. First one i saw was that Jermaine Easter got Released by Millwall this week, would you?

Would I what ? Release Jermaine Easter ? Probably.

Easters going Bristol Rovers

Theres a top quality midfielder i think would be an excellent addition to our team - currently struggling to get in a poor div 2 team, i can only assume he's fallen out with the manager there as whenever ive seen him he is absolute class. He is a leader, experienced, tenacious , great tackler , superb passing ability , always shows 100% commitment , can play the holding role , wide left or just behind the front 2 with equal brilliance. He has a fabulous shot on him and i would wager he is the quickest player over 5 yards in the lower leagues. I know he is another midfielder and we already have plenty of options in that position , but i 'm damn sure he is far , far better than who we have playing at the moment.

His name ?

MICHAEL TIMLIN
:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Theres a top quality midfielder i think would be an excellent addition to our team - currently struggling to get in a poor div 2 team, i can only assume he's fallen out with the manager there as whenever ive seen him he is absolute class. He is a leader, experienced, tenacious , great tackler , superb passing ability , always shows 100% commitment , can play the holding role , wide left or just behind the front 2 with equal brilliance. He has a fabulous shot on him and i would wager he is the quickest player over 5 yards in the lower leagues. I know he is another midfielder and we already have plenty of options in that position , but i 'm damn sure he is far , far better than who we have playing at the moment.

His name ?

MICHAEL TIMLIN
:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

I agree that Timlin is worth his place in the side but with deegan Leonard Atkinson and Clifford also pushing for a start it's not that straight forward.

I do believe though that deegan deserves another start after Saturday's performance and Leonard who has been nowhere near his best this season should be benched.

As for transfers we should be looking at pacy hungry goalscorers from the conference. I'm sure the next Dwight Gayle DJ Campbell is out there for a small fee.

As for transfers we should be looking at pacy hungry goalscorers from the conference. I'm sure the next Dwight Gayle DJ Campbell is out there for a small fee.

Agreed,

We need somebody who has managed nearly a goal a game,
We need somebody who has strength and good pace,
We need a young and hungry forward.

Jason Williams fits the bill.

Agreed,

I would much rather see Jason Williams up top that coulthurst who has more than enough chances and wasted almost all of them.

Anyone got any idea if Fagan is still around, he could be the experienced player to pick the pockets of some defences.....:smile:

Yes, I wondered if John Akinde was the striker that Phil Brown had in mind when he said he putting together some sort of 'package' deal for a striker. I can imagine some of our players would be of interest to Barnet.

But I guess Akinde is a big powerful striker and could be too similar to Barry Corr.

Agreed,

Two divisions below.

We need someone who can score in this league, Williams has no pedigree there yet.

I would much rather see Jason Williams up top that coulthurst who has more than enough chances and wasted almost all of them.

I would like to see him given ago ahead of Coulthirst, I really don't see what he offers us. If Brown doesn't think Williams is ready to step up then I certainly want someone else brought in.

I'd like to sign Billy Best but I suspect he may be a bit short on pace at the present time :-)

Pete O'Rourke@SportsPeteO 19m19 minutes ago
Luton, Cambridge, Colchester and Southend are battling it out to sign Norwich City midfielder Cameron McGeehan

I'm hoping that this is old news as we had him on trail back in October,2014 as per the Echo link where PB is quoted as saying

"Cameron is a midfielder and I’m sure fans will be asking why I’m taking a look at someone else in that position when we’re already quite strong in that area. But the answer is I’m always looking to improve on what we have and he’s someone who has been recommended to us as part of the relationship we built with Norwich last season.
I would imagine fans would want us to be looking at bringing in another full-back, where we are short of cover, or a striker."

...........bit of deja vu there, as nearly four months later we are still short of a striker and the failure to address that has cost us points where draws MAY have become wins.

Keeping everything crossed that Pigott is now the solution to that problem.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl..._column__Morecambe__Luton__Bolton_and_books_/

Back