• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it was Nile's goal at Coventry last season, where it all started with a pacey run down the right flank by Theo.

I get the impression he needs to have space to run at goal to be at his best. Worked at Lincoln, where they knocked long balls up to him and he played off the shoulder of the last man.

Could still be a good impact sub for us, in certain situations.

J
Music to my lug pieces

Sir Chris " Normally I dont do anything on the last day ( transfer window ) , I think you should have your targets and they should be over the line way before the last day, You run the risk of missing out and why do that when you can do it a few weeks before "
Yippeeeee Could this be the start of the revolutione, thank you Sir Chris, thank you and may I say thank you, and thank you again

But PB said virtually the same thing on a number of occasions!

I think RM likes to do deals late as you tend to get players/clubs agreeing to less with a few hours to go. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. Bury and Port Vale have been two clubs we have been envious of doing lots of early deals over the past couple of years and it didn't get them far.

I think RM likes to do deals late as you tend to get players/clubs agreeing to less with a few hours to go. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. Bury and Port Vale have been two clubs we have been envious of doing lots of early deals over the past couple of years and it didn't get them far.

This.

It’s clearly a club strategy for our late movement in transfer windows. Brown was very wrongly slated on here time and time again for leaving his signings late after saying publicly he wanted his business done early. Do you not think that’s coz ultimately he didn’t hold the purse strings?

It was exactly the same under Sturrock and unless the board have seen the error of their ways recently it will be the same under Chris Powell unfortunately, as frustrating as that is.

Thats very true it certainly didnt work out for them ! However there is another equally strong if not stronger perspective and I think it would be wrong to draw a conclusion that !> getting players in early doesnt work ( the evidence is against that ) and 2, Getting in large numbers doesnt work. In fact it works very well on many occasions. One of the biggest occasions was Sturrock saving us having just 2 players registered and then very quickly registering SEVENTEEN, it worked a treat. Northampton have brought in 9 during this window , have moved out from the bottom 4 and are on a very good run, undefeated in 4. Practically all the clubs in the top 7 have brought in quite a few and its doing very nicely for them thank you, so in the interests of balance lets not think that somehow its a wrong idea and doesnt work. Our new Manager has also stated its practically daft to wait and not something he does

Thats very true it certainly didnt work out for them ! However there is another equally strong if not stronger perspective and I think it would be wrong to draw a conclusion that !> getting players in early doesnt work ( the evidence is against that ) and 2, Getting in large numbers doesnt work. In fact it works very well on many occasions. One of the biggest occasions was Sturrock saving us having just 2 players registered and then very quickly registering SEVENTEEN, it worked a treat. Northampton have brought in 9 during this window , have moved out from the bottom 4 and are on a very good run, undefeated in 4. Practically all the clubs in the top 7 have brought in quite a few and its doing very nicely for them thank you, so in the interests of balance lets not think that somehow its a wrong idea and doesnt work. Our new Manager has also stated its practically daft to wait and not something he does

Whilst I agree with some of that 'Barry', I can't help but notice that pretty much every team that you mention are getting it right, then always seem to go into freefall as soon as they are held up as shining examples of how to do it.

Bury, Port Vale, Peterborough, Gillingham and now, Northampton there, immediately losing at home yesterday to Rochdale.

If you could mention two other sides in the relegation shake-up, then we have our four to go down! :winking:

In short : Keep up the excellent work. :thumbsup:

SCP s main priority for the rest of the season is to make sure we avoid relegation , during the off season he will im sure sort out the team and make new signings, to me our main problem this seasonis not been so much in defence but our inability to convert the chances the team has been making,Strikers are what we needed plus a midfielder ,scoring goals in itself takes pressure off the defence.

I can tell you a fact, even where we are now, Ron banked on the playoff’s, the wages he has invested in are huge for our club.

I can tell you a fact, even where we are now, Ron banked on the playoff’s, the wages he has invested in are huge for our club.

That’s probably true. However we did get a fair old bit of dosh in for Lenny, as well as saving his and Ranger’s wages so our finances have had a boost. I know we will owe Phil and chums some money for aborting them early but even so we should be in a better spot financially. We won’t make the playoffs but I’d bet heavily on us securing a top ten finish and then reshaping the squad over the summer to put us in a stronger position for an exciting season next year.

Steven caulker just signed for Dundee on 18 month contract, we could of done with him here:sad:

I believe that you are new to this board.

Welcome.

You should be introduced to Rigsby.

That's a disastrous way to invest. If your going to gamble then you should be going for auto promotion not the playoffs. That's a gamble itself.

Ron may have banked on the play-offs, so did I, and probably quite a few other supporters. I'm intrigued to know how you know he made a huge investment in wages.

Steven caulker just signed for Dundee on 18 month contract, we could of done with him here:sad:

You do know that his career came to halt because of Alcohol and gambling addiction, which brought on severe depression?
Best of luck to him and I hope playing football again turns his life around. But after our Nile Ranger experience, we don't need to get burnt again.

This.

It’s clearly a club strategy for our late movement in transfer windows. Brown was very wrongly slated on here time and time again for leaving his signings late after saying publicly he wanted his business done early. Do you not think that’s coz ultimately he didn’t hold the purse strings?

It was exactly the same under Sturrock and unless the board have seen the error of their ways recently it will be the same under Chris Powell unfortunately, as frustrating as that is.

No. I think he absolutely wanted business done early but couldn’t attract his top targets. By the time we signed anyone at the death they were 3rd, 4th, 5th choices.

Back