• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency

With this , the Earthquake and tsunami , you almost get teh feeling someone's trying to tell us something ;)

Though their not and its just all major **** but hey ho ;)

Spent time under my desk today when at work. The first earthquake went on for ages, probably about 2-3 minutes which is way longer than usual.
I live in Hakodate which is on the south tip Hokkaido (the northern island). The downtown area is flooded but we were lucky to avoid the worst of it here.

All i can say is holy ****...watching the cricket this morning has pailed into insignificance!

Spent time under my desk today when at work. The first earthquake went on for ages, probably about 2-3 minutes which is way longer than usual.
I live in Hakodate which is on the south tip Hokkaido (the northern island). The downtown area is flooded but we were lucky to avoid the worst of it here.

Glad to hear you're ok, hope your nearest & dearest are ok too.

I think I heard it's the 6th or 7th worst recorded earthquake in history - the "live" pictures shown on the news are quite horrific, cars being tossed about like matchsticks, ships being thrown against harbour walls and bridges, devastation and of course the concern centred around the nuclear reactor. There's several of what they're calling "tsunami swirls" off shore (look like whirlpools to me, but I guess it's because they're associated to the tsunami - goodness knows what the difference is though). My thoughts are with those caught up in it all, and those further afield like in New Zealand who are just clearing up after their own recent natural disaster.

Mother Nature seems to be rather angry so far this year.

After initial thoughts that the situation was under control, Japan are now citing the possibility of a radioactive leak at one of the nuclear plants. Radiation levels are reportedly 1,000 times what they should be, and they're evacuating all residents within six miles of the plant.

Back