• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jason Demetriou - 5 yellows

LBBlue

Manager⭐
5 bookings will see him miss a game when he gets back from International Duty - so wont be available until Walsall on 23rd October.

Surely he serves his suspension when we play without him, even if he’s on international duty

Surely he serves his suspension when we play without him, even if he’s on international duty

I’d have thought he would serve the ban when he is available to play for us, rather than when he is away with a different team.

Although that would be handy for us if it could be served while away anyway.

I think maybe that was idea , to ensure the 5th yellow was strategically received from a timing point of view. If so, very worth while.

The ban must be from the next game surely ?
It can’t be based on whether a player is selected for international duty or not - otherwise if a player were injured , the ban would also need to wait

I think it normally says something like "until the club has completed one first team fixture..." unless there are different rules for players who get an international call up

I would imagine he's banned for the next Southend game, otherwise he'd be banned from the international.

I think it normally says something like "until the club has completed one first team fixture..." unless there are different rules for players who get an international call up

I am sure there isn't. A conveniently timed caution.

I am sure there isn't. A conveniently timed caution.

Convenient as in his doesn't miss any league games but because of the same quirk as when Kightly and Oxley were suspended, he also misses the Col Ewe game, for which he wouldn't be on international duty.

Think he would be away all week in the build up to the 2 games. They dont just turn up on match day.

Think he would be away all week in the build up to the 2 games. They dont just turn up on match day.

I thought players had to be released for 4 days (including the match day). As they don't play until Saturday (and, as far as I can tell, the u21s until Tuesday), wouldn't both Demetriou and Kyprianou be available?

I thought players had to be released for 4 days (including the match day). As they don't play until Saturday (and, as far as I can tell, the u21s until Tuesday), wouldn't both Demetriou and Kyprianou be available?
I beleive flew out monday

looks like we will have him for a couple of extra games during the next international break after he picked up a straight red for Cyprus tonight. A corker of a foul with the ball at least 5 yards away when he took their player out!

Back