• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick Prawnby

First XI
Prawnzone sent Prawn Connery to the GSP Stadium in Cyprus and he sends his report!
Prawnzone sponsor Jason AWAY - that must include Cyprus??

Cyprus 0 Belgium 3
I thoroughly enjoyed an excellent game, Demi played really well, he is a great signing and considering Belgium were all top flight players, the Cypriots played well as a team. Cyprus had some really good players - I'd like to see a few of them in a Blues shirt!
The goalkeeper save a penalty in the last minute at 3-0 down which showed great spirit.
Jason had a fab game and I think he's our best signing so far this season. He flew up the wing and put in some great crosses, and played the full 90 minutes.
Well done Jason!
GSP Stadium Cyprus evening.jpg

Last edited:
How does Cyprus have a team when the island is split down the middle into two?

Anyway, pleased to hear Demmy had a good game. :thumbsup:

I didn't know that. Thanks.
well the big problem is TRNC (Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus) is not recognised by FIFA....so any decent played would have to take the Turkey/Turkish route... This is a really interesting read if you have time. http://www.playthegame.org/news/news-articles/2007/outcasts!-the-lands-that-fifa-forgot/

I had half an eye on the game last night, thought he was one of the better players for Cyprus and put in a good performance. The scoreline flattered Belgium significantly. He has a great engine and would be excellent in a 352 formation.

Prawnzone sent Prawn Connery to the GSP Stadium in Cyprus and he sends his report!
Prawnzone sponsor Jason AWAY - that must include Cyprus??

Cyprus 0 Belgium 3
I thoroughly enjoyed an excellent game, Demi played really well, he is a great signing and considering Belgium were all top flight players, the Cypriots played well as a team. Cyprus had some really good players - I'd like to see a few of them in a Blues shirt!
The goalkeeper save a penalty in the last minute at 3-0 down which showed great spirit.
Jason had a fab game and I think he's our best signing so far this season. He flew up the wing and put in some great crosses, and played the full 90 minutes.
Well done Jason!
View attachment 4250

Many thanks for this.

What position did he play?

I had half an eye on the game last night, thought he was one of the better players for Cyprus and put in a good performance. The scoreline flattered Belgium significantly. He has a great engine and would be excellent in a 352 formation.

Shame Birtles was the co-comm. He just always sounds so ****ed off with everything, as if Belgium deliberately played poorly in the Euros just to annoy him.

But Demetriou looked tidy - never imagined, when I bought my son a Cyprus kit on holiday, that it would ever have any SUFC relevance!

*Pedant corner alert*

Cyprus is not 'split down the middle'. It is split across from east to west.
I thank you:smile:

Errhhhh - excuse me! Double pedant warning .............. split down the middle doesn't have to mean "north south" ......... it can equally mean "east west" or any other two opposite points on the compass ........... as long as the line goes through the middle ............. I think. :unsure:

Hash tag: Takethatandstickitinyourpipeandsmokeit

Errhhhh - excuse me! Double pedant warning .............. split down the middle doesn't have to mean "north south" ......... it can equally mean "east west" or any other two opposite points on the compass ........... as long as the line goes through the middle ............. I think. :unsure:

Maybe...but in that case it would make more sense to say it is split across the middle :smile:

It's up to J. White to hold on to his shirt by playing well & put some decent cross into the box.

Back