• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Jason Demetriou still confident Southend United can beat drop despite defeat to Bolton Wanderers

Seems to me that JD looks to be the new target for the I follow boo boys!

I'd just like to say, that although the legs are going a bit, always gives his all, and was willing to take a pay cut, when others weren't getting paid.

At one time he was at least someone who wanted to play for us.

Jason has been a good player for us but unfortunately we are not in a position for sentiment, we simply can't play players who are so woefully out of form

I would like to see macca play instead of jd.
I'd like to see Macca aged 26.
Bu that aint gonna happen. At 37 he's likely to pick up injuries every other game.

The hard facts are: played 11, completed 2, and when sub or subbed, only against Cambridge, 82 minutes, can you say it was an end-of-match tactic.

Luv him to bits, but he's a luxury.

I'd like to see Macca aged 26.
Bu that aint gonna happen. At 37 he's likely to pick up injuries every other game.

The hard facts are: played 11, completed 2, and when subbed, only against Cambridge, 82 minutes, can you say it was an end-of-match tactic.

Luv him to bits, but he's a luxury.
I think what will happen is macca and jd will be rotated. So macca will play at forest green and jd against Salford. Seem logical to me.

JD was one of our better players in the first half of season tbf but seems to have lacked a bit of sharpness the last few weeks. Still relatively neat and tidy on the ball but looks easy to bypass when we don't have it.

I think what will happen is macca and jd will be rotated. So macca will play at forest green and jd against Salford. Seem logical to me.
I guess so, but that depends on them both being fit week to week.
Either way, it's the end of the road for them at the end of the season.

I think thats likely to be spot on sufc4life21. I think apart from maybe 15/20 min spells where fresh legs might be needed if appropriate, there will be a fair bit of rotation between starters for midweek and saturday games.

JD was one of our better players in the first half of season tbf but seems to have lacked a bit of sharpness the last few weeks. Still relatively neat and tidy on the ball but looks easy to bypass when we don't have it.
Saw some nice one twos around the edge of their box on saturday between ANG and JD which I'd have loved to end in ANG shooting, but as many have pointed out on here, theres a bit of an allergy to shooting currently. Also noticed quite a few times JD getting very wide in forward positions but instead of ANG getting the ball out to him for a cross, he invariably cut in and ended up losing possession. Id like to see some crosses in open play now Akinola is getting up to speed, because he seems good at getting in front of defenders for headers. Same when Ranger gets to play, as hel take up two defenders amd create space. Im not criticising ANG here, Like what he brings. Just want it to end in a shot or drawing a foul, which I think hes very capable of

I think thats likely to be spot on sufc4life21. I think apart from maybe 15/20 min spells where fresh legs might be needed if appropriate, there will be a fair bit of rotation between starters for midweek and saturday games.
I reckon your right regards to some rotation. Holmes in number 10 role providing the creativity with ranger in the number 9 role. I suppose a guy can dream :Thumbs up:

Which begs the question... would he really be better at RB? Many are suggesting dropping Elvis in favour of JD but, at his age, I personally think a winger would have a field day against him.

Think his experience, positioning and reading of the game would comfortably see him through defensively against most in League 2 or lower and at a better standard than Elvis who is still improving and to be fair has come along way, but in league 1 or above I think JD would struggle for pace now as you say, and Im pretty sure he doesnt relish the further knee wear and tear charging back from attacks down the wings. Think this was a small part for utilising him in mid areas, especially when we were crying out for experience there earlier in the season. I think he can still do a good job in an attacking mid role or wider as there are now others that can efficiently do the dirty stuff in front of the back four. Additionally he's still a very capable right back as cover, cover for deep mid, despite what some zoners say, still delivers a decent cross and I'd back him to score 9/10 pens.... should we get one ever again!
Wouldnt be surprised to see him retained another year for the above reasons and including a coaching role.

Back