• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Jason Demetriou still confident Southend United can beat drop despite defeat to Bolton Wanderers

I'd like to see Macca aged 26.
Bu that aint gonna happen. At 37 he's likely to pick up injuries every other game.

The hard facts are: played 11, completed 2, and when sub or subbed, only against Cambridge, 82 minutes, can you say it was an end-of-match tactic.

Luv him to bits, but he's a luxury.
If u notice when macca plays we get much better results and the team plays better

Which begs the question... would he really be better at RB? Many are suggesting dropping Elvis in favour of JD but, at his age, I personally think a winger would have a field day against him.
JD at right back would give me a heart attack, you need pace in that position and his legs have gone (this is the same reason John White has transitioned to a CB). Midfield is the only place I'd want to see JD these days, although he's not looked great the last couple of matches so he may be due a rest.

After not a great run, against Bolton one of Demis best displays. Its worth watching the game back on i follow and just watch Demi

Got up and down the pitch better than anybody. Pressed their keeper and was often further forward than our main strikers
Created excellent space to receive or distract their players . In collecting or receiving made 15 passes, one bad. More than anyone else? Calmed things down a bit

Found more space than anyone ( 17 times ) especially down the left
Made 3 long lung bursting runs half the pitch to defend. Made 2 good, header passes to break up play and Good cross nearly led to goal
Instrumental in the majority of our chances. Directed play to some extent and encouraged others
Won the ball in key situations 11 times

Just saying

Still MM will have the stats, Funny how we all see things differently ??
Do we think Macca could manage that level of effort?

After not a great run, against Bolton one of Demis best displays. Its worth watching the game back on i follow and just watch Demi

Got up and down the pitch better than anybody. Pressed their keeper and was often further forward than our main strikers
Created excellent space to receive or distract their players . In collecting or receiving made 15 passes, one bad. More than anyone else? Calmed things down a bit

Found more space than anyone ( 17 times ) especially down the left
Made 3 long lung bursting runs half the pitch to defend. Made 2 good, header passes to break up play and Good cross nearly led to goal
Instrumental in the majority of our chances. Directed play to some extent and encouraged others
Won the ball in key situations 11 times

Just saying

Still MM will have the stats, Funny how we all see things differently ??
Do we think Macca could manage that level of effort?
I must admit when people say Demi can’t play right back as his legs have gone, I don’t see overwhelming evidence of that. He’s like an annoying little terrier, underrated IMO.

Guess sometimes people manage too see what they've already decided . He's maybe the current target it seems. I think his experience and completion rate is invaluable. And if that 'dive' had got a free kick on the edge of the box we'd all have been saying well done for conning the ref. Something we all like moaning about when done to us by other teams.

Back