• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't think the fat man's position has changed, I heard this report a few days ago. I did question at the weekend, whether the humiliation we caused Rotherham on their own ground would affect our chances of signing the player we were presumably chasing hovever I don't think the article makes it any more, or any less likely that we will sign Taylor. I think that could be more down to the injury Taylor has picked up and how long he will be out for.
It sounds as if, from what PS said, we are looking at other targets.

Apart from the line we rejected the approach immediately

Apart from the line we rejected the approach immediately
You could be right, however it could be a reaction against the timing of our move, just before we played them. After having said that, I was under the impression that we had been tracking him for a while and would have thought that Rotherham would be aware of our interest. Another one of these stories where we probably aren't in possession of the full facts......just hope that we sign someone pretty soon. By the way, does anyone know the extent of Taylor's injury?

I understand that with money tight , we can't be bringing in loads of players on loan , but I just don't buy into this one player ( Taylor ? ) being the 'only' option.
Sturrock may have been told he can bring in maximum one player on loan , but surely in our current position in terms of bodies , he would move to plan B if the guy is either (a) injured or (b) not for sale ?
Would have been intersting to see what happened if Timlin had picked up another yellow last week - would Sturrock have then brought in someone else.
With Phillips and Spicer now available , he talks in his latest report like we have huge choices and it's a real selection headache.
Think he is toeing the party line and protecting Uncle Ron a bit here

I understand that with money tight , we can't be bringing in loads of players on loan , but I just don't buy into this one player ( Taylor ? ) being the 'only' option.
Sturrock may have been told he can bring in maximum one player on loan , but surely in our current position in terms of bodies , he would move to plan B if the guy is either (a) injured or (b) not for sale ?
Would have been intersting to see what happened if Timlin had picked up another yellow last week - would Sturrock have then brought in someone else.
With Phillips and Spicer now available , he talks in his latest report like we have huge choices and it's a real selection headache.
Think he is toeing the party line and protecting Uncle Ron a bit here

Couldn't agree more mate

Couldn't agree more mate

I dont believe for one minute Jason Taylor is the real target. Suits PS very well indeed for everyone to think it is.

There is a clear target and PS is more than happy that we (& hence other clubs) haven't got a faintest who it is.

He will do all he can to keep it that way.

Dont think it Jason Taylor- if the Rotherham link is anything the name that comes to me is Danny Schofield.... He can play through the middle or either flank has played for Huddersfield and Millwall. 32 now and on loan from Rotherham at Accrington.
But we will see.

The comments by Steve Evans on Jason Taylor actually suggest that he does not really rate him and that letting him go out on loan to a rival club is okay despite all the bluster about the timing of Southend's approach.

Back