• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jay Simpson and Ricky Holmes training with Blues

I almost forgot about Olayinka, he can't be far off returning now surely? It must be at least two weeks since we were told he was '3 weeks away' so maybe we'll see him on the bench before too long. That would feel like a very decent new signing.

Really pleased that Ricky Holmes is done. In hindsight it a shame we didn't get him on board 4-5 weeks ago when he was available, match fit and ready to go. I suspect when the Akinde thing fell through there was an urgent rethink on our part..

SUFC goals on twitter said he was ?‍♂️.
SUFC goals just nicks rumours he sees on SZ and then tries to pass it off as inside knowledge on Twitter, he got it from a random comment on this thread from a poster that hadn't commented in months prior to the Hinds claim:

Not botherd about Simpson,hes been very poor since leaving borient!! I think ranger is the better choice and will take his opportunity as it really is his last chance in the game!!

Well after listening to mark molsley comments regarding Simpson it sounds increasingly likely hes going to sign.He sais hes impressed in training and that they need to build up his footballing legs lol

Last edited:
Well according to CP Simpson still very much a possibility. I thought we were now up to 22 so not sure how we can.

I know Ron probably thought we'd never have to worry about it with how many players turned us down but Ron knows the squad limit rules right? If the club was telling the truth and Mellis has been registered then we're at the squad limit now that Holmes has joined.

Harry Phillips is taking up one of the spots in the squad though and he's clearly not in MM's plans, it's a bit unclear on the EFL website but I assume we could deregister him if we wanted to in order to make room for Simpson? It looks like you can only register contracted players in the window but I can't see anything prohibiting you from deregistering them outside of it. If that's not allowed then possibly cancelling Cordner's loan would be allowed?

Back