• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jay Simpson and Ricky Holmes training with Blues

Very much doubt Ranger would be able to play more than 20 minutes. Long way off match fitness... However, a fired up Nile against tiring defenders? Sim did rather well coming off the bench - he could do the same.

(If he signs, of course).
He's been training with us for two months going through effective a full pre-season fitness programme plus he did some work with Spalding before that. And remember he's not working his way back from a long term injury either. So suspect he could do a good 45-60 minutes. But we shall see..

cant see why so called fans are saying we will be taking on lame ducks . Maccer was the returning hero .He hadnt played for a long while but he was given the chance and although injured he wares the blue heart on his sleeve .I can not see Holmes or ranger being any less as commited to the cause

Maccer was the returning hero .He hadnt played for a long while
This isn't true, he'd started in the League 2 play off final for Northampton 2 and a bit months before we signed him. Whilst he was released after that match Northampton were letting him train with them until he found another club.

cant see why so called fans are saying we will be taking on lame ducks . Maccer was the returning hero .He hadnt played for a long while but he was given the chance and although injured he wares the blue heart on his sleeve .I can not see Holmes or ranger being any less as commited to the cause

Ricky Holmes would give us an extra attacking wise, he is an SUFC fan too, much as all of his family’s is an shrimpers. Who going to say no to be an hero for the club that they support by saving SUFC from the drop.

Reckon this Kaylen Hinds lad that's currently on trial could be some player; tremendous moxie for his size apparently.

Is kaylen hinds training with us? Iv checked his wiki his previous clubs are arsenal,Wolfsburg,Watford. Could be wild card signing for us.

There is no credible source saying Kaylen Hinds is training with us and if we are signing Holmes it would be pretty pointless for him to be here since once Holmes signs we're at the squad limit (unless we don't register Mellis).

There is no credible source saying Kaylen Hinds is training with us and if we are signing Holmes it would be pretty pointless for him to be here since once Holmes signs we're at the squad limit (unless we don't register Mellis).

Regardless of whether we sign ( or have signed ) Ranger , Holmes , Simpson, Hinds , do we actually need Mellis ?
That comment is not a reflection on his ability , but considering Macca and Olayinka may soon be fit and we already have Ferguson, Dieng , JD and Taylor is he going to be of any benefit ?

Reckon this Kaylen Hinds lad that's currently on trial could be some player; tremendous moxie for his size apparently.

Solid prospect. Is MM impressed enough? Apparently thinks he needs to settle in England on a lower standard to use it as a stepping stone.

Solid prospect. Is MM impressed enough? Apparently thinks he needs to settle in England on a lower standard to use it as a stepping stone.
He's a southern lad, I presume moved home during Pandemic and desperate for some game time. I'd give him an 18 month contract based on his alleged Moxie and previous clubs

I wouldn't want to be giving Holmes, Ranger etc contracts with any clauses that trigger an extension beyond this season. To me these are 'emergency' stop gap signings. If they do really well and MM wants them for next season fine, but an automatic trigger could impede next seasons squad building when we'll be limited to 20 players aged over 21

I wouldn't want to be giving Holmes, Ranger etc contracts with any clauses that trigger an extension beyond this season. To me these are 'emergency' stop gap signings. If they do really well and MM wants them for next season fine, but an automatic trigger could impede next seasons squad building when we'll be limited to 20 players aged over 21

I doubt there will be an automatic trigger, but it will be down to us to decide

Regardless of whether we sign ( or have signed ) Ranger , Holmes , Simpson, Hinds , do we actually need Mellis ?
That comment is not a reflection on his ability , but considering Macca and Olayinka may soon be fit and we already have Ferguson, Dieng , JD and Taylor is he going to be of any benefit ?
Well he got transferred for over a million quid and steve Evan's said he was a quality player so I would say yes!

Back