• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jay Smith,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
His first 4 touches belonged in the Premier$hite, his vision is unbelievable and he is only on the bench. Along with Freddy and JCB they moved the game up 3 gears when they came on!

Fresh legs

When they are quality legs it helps, cant compare to starting though

We all know Jay Smith is an unbelievable player

Smith will get his chance at some stage, absolutely no doubt about it. Football today is a squad game and we are currently reaping the benefits of having the best squad at Roots Hall for well over a decade.

Guttridge will probably need a rest at some stage so then Jay can step in and take his chance but until then Gutts deserves to keep his place.

Tilly clearly has a policy that if you play well, you keep your place, regardless of your name and/or reputation, and that has to be the case in order to create good team spirit. The good news is that the squad as a whole clearly respect that because the camaraderie between them is amazing - just look at how the bench reacted when Gray put us in front tonight.

Agreed, and exactly the way it should be, i think all of the players agree with that aswell, Jay looks extatic to be involved, i am so pleased for him , hwa t Southend united hero he is, will go down in history, mark my words. Infact most of this team could well.

I agree that Gutts can't be dropped at the moment, but Jay Smith was fantastic when he came on last night. His movement passing and work rate were quality. How good is it that we can replace Gutts, Cole and the Goat with players of the calibre of Freddy, Jamal and Jay. Brilliant.

for a guy who has played very little the last couple of years he came on and pinged two pin point passes for gray to chase

Back