• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JCR - Hearing

mcshrimper

It seems like JCR's hearing has finally been set for the 6th February, according to the MillersMad website: -

MillersMad

An extract from MillersMad: -

"The FLDC could give Southend a number of various penaltys should the case be proved against them including, Fines, Transfer Embargo's, ordering payment and in extreme cases points deductions and possible expulsion from the league!!"

Sounds a bit worrying!!!  
rock.gif

Hopefully we can get this sorted out one way or the other.

Also not keen on a transfer embargo.  Probably wont come to that but maybe Tilly should get a couple of players in before the hearing.  
wink.gif

(apologies for posting topic twice, it's getting late!!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcshrimper @ Jan. 24 2006,23:37)]Also not keen on a transfer embargo.  Probably wont come to that but maybe Tilly should get a couple of players in before the hearing.  
wink.gif

(apologies for posting topic twice, it's getting late!!)
Considering the transfer window shuts on 31st Jan. I can confidently conclude that Tilly will have conducted all his transfer business before the hearing!

Notice it says that there has been a problem over JCR's wage demands. I really don't see how a club can try and enforce a transfer when the fine points of a contract cannot be agreed.

That's what I was thinking. I can't see how, if it is an issue with wage demands, that we have done anything wrong. It is certainly not unusual for a club to agree a fee, only for the transfer to fall through because the player and club could not agree on personal terms.

I don't see why we would have signed contracts with Rotherham and JCR would have moved down here if there hadn't been some sort of discussion about the player's wages.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 25 2006,09:22)]I don't see why we would have signed contracts with Rotherham and JCR would have moved down here if there hadn't been some sort of discussion about the player's wages.
Discussion is one thing, agreement is another.

I don't know - maybe it was to do with the loan agreement and the wages we would pay for him during his loan. Maybe they feel if we were prepared to pay a certain amount for him while on loan, we would obviously be prepared to pay the same if he signed for us permanently.

I have heard of contracts where the loaning club have the option to buy him for a pre-specified fee if they want to following the loan. But as you say, if Rotherham feel they have all the contractual agreements then I am a little concerned. I think this type of agreement (loaning with the commitment to buy when the transfer window is open) is fairly new and I hope we don't get punished like the last time (with Freddy's ban appeal) because we are one of the first clubs to attempt such an agreement.

Having said that, I may be wrong in thinking this sort of agreement is fairly new. I just haven't been aware of it before.

Southend must sort it out, the thought of points deductions etc would bring furys from the fans & players after their hard work on the pitch is wasted. If we missed out on promotion by 2 points because the FA deducte 3pts for any wrong doing with JCR, its be hell to pay.

If they deduct points it would be unfair - I don't know the ins and outs of the JCR saga but transfer arguments between clubs aren't exactly rare and I've NEVER heard of anyone losing points because of one.

They won't deduct points. No chance. I'm more concerned about our reputation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 25 2006,12:32)]They won't deduct points. No chance. I'm more concerned about our reputation.
Exactly. If the case is proven against us, we're bound to get a reputation and some clubs may well refuse to deal with us, which could cause problems...

I warned about this 2 weeks ago...

A Transfer Embargo would be the worst visable punishment for us, IF Rotherham can prove we've breached a contractual agreement, and quite frankly i don't think Big Ron would be that stupid.

However, the worse damage would be to our reputation, what club wants to deal financially with a club who doesn't pay up despite contractual agreements... The same way a Bank won't lend anyone Money with serious arrears.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Jan. 25 2006,15:39)]The same way a Bank won't lend anyone Money with serious arrears.
Not strictly true , I have arranged mortgages for people who have arrears on their existing loans.

I am sure if a club is selling and we offered more cash than anyone else they would bite our hand off. Reputation or not.

Back