• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JCR- Should He Stay or Should He Go/ Keep Him or Sell Him?

JCR- Stay or Go/ Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
As we all know Barnsley had a £250k bid rejected for JCR this morning which in my opinion is an utter p*ss take. But should we keep him or should we sell him is the question.

I for one feel that JCR has alot to give to this team with his trickery, pace and his ability to turn defenders inside out, i.e Gabriel Heinze, and he will be a pivotal part of our squad in the forthcoming campaign as we challenge for promotion back to the CCC. Yes he can sometimes be frustrating because he seems to have the urge to pass backwards to a defender when in a perfectly good position to cross, or when he does cross the ball nothing seems to materialise. But i really feel that next season we will see the best of him, but if we are willing to sell him (which i hope we aren't) then i think the dollar should be around (AT LEAST) the £400k-£500k mark, not the pitiful £250k that Barnsley offered.

But what do we think?

The bid wasn't rejected this morning, it was made public this morning. The bid was at least two weeks old because that's when I heard about it and mentioned it on here.

The bid wasn't rejected this morning, it was made public this morning. The bid was at least two weeks old because that's when I heard about it and mentioned it on here.

Ok well that wasn't the question was it; 'When was the bid made?'

Yeah I know. But maybe the fact that two weeks later he's still here means something. Or maybe him playing tonight means something. Who knows?

Fred's sold,no need for JCR to go.In Black and Bailey we have cover and competition and can rest JCR now and again.
A fresh JCR is a better player than any that we could entice to the club.

Well regardless of when the bid was made i have to agree with champions 06. JCR has a lot to offer this season (if he can cross the ball and not try and beat the same player 3/4 times) there is no doubt that at this level he his gonna scare a lot of full backs with his pace and trickery. £250k was an insult.

He is the most exiting player we have . Yes he sometimes gets a bit muddled in wot to do but he is totally different class to anything we have. Did you watch him tonight against Vtess.? he had an immediate understanding with the new kid at right back.Infact i said at the time 20/1 looks value for money to win the league if we can get the defence sorted. IMO with Maher Mccormack JCR and Gower It has to be one of the best midfield in Div. With Moose coming thro, and mark my words he is going to be a Premiership player in next 3 Years the season could be very good. All we need is Paynter to start find the form he showed at Port Vale and I 4 one will be happy. ......... If The worst happens and JCR does go He must be worth at least £500,000.00. As long as he has a contract that goes past this season. And as for Barnsley. How they stayed up last season is beyond me. IMO they were the worst team in the championship that i had the miss pleasure to watch. I went to the FA cup replay their and they were POOH.

JCR was excellent against Vitesse last night, ripped them to bits. His corners were good, his crossing was good. Impressed me !!!

I say keep him but if he has decided he wants to go it will show in his performance. Didn't go last night but from what I read he played well; perhaps he doesn't want to leave ...yet. Wait until Christmas, see where we are; if we're not pushing for promotion I think he will start to get itchy feet. By then the offer will be gone. Glad I don't make the decisions; who'd be a manager?

I think most people's opinions on this were covered in the thread yesterday. The Vitesse game showed the best and worst of JCR - he was our most dangerous player but at times he was ignoring the overlapping player or taking the ball one step too far.

I think most people's opinions on this were covered in the thread yesterday. The Vitesse game showed the best and worst of JCR - he was our most dangerous player but at times he was ignoring the overlapping player or taking the ball one step too far.

I think he ignored Kerrea twice at most, on both occassions this ball seemed to be the one the defence were expecting and as a result JCR got plenty of space to come inside.

He ignored Hunt often but this is probably because on those occassions he did release the ball to him it immediately came back to him regardless of the fact that he was surrounded by dutchmen.

I don't wish to turn this thread into a Hunt-bash but that is a feature of his game that really annoys me. If he thinks a tackle is coming in he'll pass it to the nearest blue shirt regardless of how much that player might or moght not be in.

I really think Kerrea and JCR could develop into something special on the right and will terrify most L1 full backs.

I think he ignored Kerrea twice at most, on both occassions this ball seemed to be the one the defence were expecting and as a result JCR got plenty of space to come inside.

He ignored Hunt often but this is probably because on those occassions he did release the ball to him it immediately came back to him regardless of the fact that he was surrounded by dutchmen.

I don't wish to turn this thread into a Hunt-bash but that is a feature of his game that really annoys me. If he thinks a tackle is coming in he'll pass it to the nearest blue shirt regardless of how much that player might or moght not be in.

I really think Kerrea and JCR could develop into something special on the right and will terrify most L1 full backs.

It was indeed Hunt I was thinking of when I mentioned the overlapping - a good point about Hunt's eagerness to release the ball though. JCR and Gilbert will be a thorn in the side for almost any full-back in this division, I'm looking forward to see how they perform in the league

I understand that JCR is a little unhappy on two fronts at the moment; firstly he'd like to think he could get back into the CCC sooner rather than later, and with a team that has a chance to stay there (which is why Barnsley will get short shrift if simply being Barnsley wasn't bad enough), secondly he wants to earn more money and for longer so he was unhappy with recent attempts to renegotiate his contract.

I would have thought that reassurance that a decent squad is being assembled and a little movement on the contract/money front, perhaps with a get-out clause if a big club comes in with big money, would be enough to persuade him his future lays with us.

Back