• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Jean-Francois Christophe: I will get back to Premier League

I thought that Beefy was making it up and that he was joking around until I saw the link .....

I would be very surprised but who knows? Michael Kightly is now playing there and Spencer Prior played at the very top level after a few seasons in the bottom two tiers. However there is such a wide gulf now it would seem unlikely. Put it this way, most of us think Dervite is quality but at Tottenham they wouldn't even play him despite not having any centre halves.

I would be very surprised but who knows? Michael Kightly is now playing there and Spencer Prior played at the very top level after a few seasons in the bottom two tiers. However there is such a wide gulf now it would seem unlikely. Put it this way, most of us think Dervite is quality but at Tottenham they wouldn't even play him despite not having any centre halves.

Fair point...

I personally think he is fourth pick in our midfield behind in order Macca,Grant and the Moussa so he is going to have to go some from now on if he wants to realise his dreams.

Easy to sneer and write him off. However, he's 22, technically gifted, big and strong and has shown glimpses of quality at this level. His form is not great at the moment, but I thought in the first five or six games of the season he was looking extremely good. I rate him although at the moment he wouldn't get in my starting XI because Grant looks better.

It'll be a tough ask for him to make the Prem but there's nothing wrong with setting your sights high.

To be fair, he was probably asked a direct question and then what was he supposed to answer? "No, I like League One and wouldn't want to play at a higher level".

I wish I noticed this strength and power people seem to be commenting on. He's 6ft 2in and yet he wimps out of 50-50 challenges and isn't as strong as Grant who is a fair bit smaller than him. The fact he has little talent with the ball at his feet won't help his cause in getting to the top.

what do you mean no chance, there's every chance. i think christophe is a quality player, and he is still young and got alot to learn. he has every chance, ovbiously he's not going to be no gerrard, or rooney etc. but he can make it, it's not as if it's impossible. JFC you legend mate!!!

Unbelievable Jeff, your optimism that is! I have got more chance of being a premier league player than he has of being one again.

Unbelievable Jeff, your optimism that is! I have got more chance of being a premier league player than he has of being one again.

Little harsh that Steve, we're talking dreams and aspirations here not complete fantasy!

Also, don't forget a certain Mr Friend that we had on loan has now played Premiership football this season so it certainly is possible.

My guessing is if he'd stuck with it at Pompy he'd have played top flight football by now.

JFC is a good player off the ball. His reading of the game, tackling and interception is superb and he does the ugly side of the game very well, but he isn't good enough on the ball for top flight football. He needs somebody alongside him to use the ball well. He is good enough at the 5 yard stuff, just remember when he originally joined us alongside Sawyer he was superb.

He's experienced life once as a Premiership footballer and Jean-Francois Christophe is determined to do so again.

A star now with Southend United, the charismatic Frenchman is confident he can again prove to managers higher up the Football League pyramid why Harry Redknapp took a chance on him two years ago at Portsmouth.

Still only 22, Christophe admits he now thinks to himself maybe he was a little hasty in seeking a move away from Pompey in search of regular first team football.

"Harry Redknapp gave me a two year contract after a couple of weeks training and I enjoyed my time at Portsmouth," Christophe recalled to tribalfootball.com.

"However, when I was at the club there were a lot of top players there, so it was difficult for a youngster to break through.

"Though now it’s a little different! It's crazy when you look at the players that have been sold! Who knows if I had been there now, maybe I would have been given more of a chance."if I had been there now, maybe I would have been given more of a chance."

Despite the regret, that doesn't stretch to his time at Southend, where the French midfielder admits he is happily settled.

"I was on loan there (at Southend) first and after my second month the opportunity arose for me to sign permanently," says Christophe.

"To be honest, I had heard of interest from other clubs. But I was settled at Southend and saw no reason to upset the balance."

In League One, Christophe forms an exciting midfield partnership with fellow Frenchman Francis Laurent - and managed to rope in another French speaker Jean-Yves Mvoto, while he was on-loan from Sunderland earlier this season.

Christophe tells Sunderland fans that Mvoto has a great chance of proving himself a Premiership player.

"He's a nice guy! At first he was a little shy but after a couple of weeks he came out of his shell and me and Francis and me use to hang out with him all the time."

Another to watch out for, says Christophe, is Scott Malone. The young fullback is on-loan at Southend from Wolves and Christophe reckons he's destined for bigger things.

"I don’t know him that well but we had a good laugh at the Christmas Party together. As a footballer though I think he’s a very good left back and I think he’ll go far," says Christophe.

And Christophe remains determined to join the likes of Malone and Mvoto in the Premiership in the near future.

"That’s my ambition yes," says the midfielder. "I want to play at the top level and you have to work towards that - which in my case is the Premiership.

"I think it’s the best division in the world and I am doing everything I can in order to end up plying my trade there one day."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/jean-francois-christophe-i-will-get-back-premier-league-531951

Or a P45 by the sounds of this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8434987.stm

Back