• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Jean Francois Christophe - the answer?

Thought he played very well, wasnt scared of shooting from 40 yards either :D spread the ball well and would work very well with Macca

Ta - would you say that Sawyer would be the one to be dropped once Sir Alan of Macca is fit again then?

No, I wouldn't personally, I'd say Christophe will be used to maintain Macca's place while he's getting to full fitness. Sawyer's proved he's the legs of the centre midfield and definitely has the creative foresight.

Thought he played very well, wasnt scared of shooting from 40 yards either :D spread the ball well and would work very well with Macca

Not scared at all! His passing was poor at times but he still is a good player. Think he might have seen Pedro Mendes too many times at Portsmouth. :D I think that Sawyer is better than him and I don't believe he will extend his loan.

No, I wouldn't personally, I'd say Christophe will be used to maintain Macca's place while he's getting to full fitness. Sawyer's proved he's the legs of the centre midfield and definitely has the creative foresight.

Interesting. Goes to show that we do have options though.

Does anyone know when Macca will be back?

THought Christophe did really well - blatent anchor man and he rarely ventured over the half-way line.

Got stuck in, neat and tidy on the ball as you'd expect of a Premiership club player, though he did give the ball away a few times.

I'd like to keep him, but theres only 2 spaces up for grabs and Saywer/Macca you would imagine will be the medium term option. With Moussa, Grant, Christophe and possibly Fletcher (or A.N.Other), could be a bit crowded in that area.

Sawyer is key for us imo. Always in both boxes, and if he can get some shots on target, im sure he will get a load of goals. I cant see Christophe replacing Sawyer, but I definitely think Macca will have to work for his position. Will be interesting to know whether his loan is extended because we still have moussa and grant around.

Christophe got tackles in that you didnt think he could possibly get.. Looks calm and very solid. Sawyer on the other hand is going to be a Premiership Player.. Reminds me very much of a young Steven Gerrard

Sawyer was immense, always wanted the ball, never affraid to run with it! and always in both boxes. Better than Cristophe IMO although he did play fairly good, but would still prefer macca when he is back.

Christophe got tackles in that you didnt think he could possibly get.. Looks calm and very solid. Sawyer on the other hand is going to be a Premiership Player.. Reminds me very much of a young Steven Gerrard
Me and a mate discussed how he reminded us off Lampard..Similar players so good thinking :)

christophe played very well yesterday, its nice to have someone with so much height in the midefield and hes very strong in the challenge, i'll forgive him for his chronic backpass to our disabled keeper but couldve cost us... agree with most of above! think hes keeping maaca place warm but if we could keep him for as long as possible then we will have a bit competition for midfield which would be very healthy

as for sawyer, very impressive!! hes like our own steve gerard!! even runs like him, explosive pace, box to box, really need for the season if theres a deal possible

Chris stands off too much,gives the other team too much time on the ball.As does Sawyer.We'll really notice the difference when Macca is back,he'll up the tempo and make the opposition play the ball.This was Bailey's game too.

Christophe does well when the ball is near him,but against the better sides,we'll get ripped apart.If Macca plays with either of these two it might up their game,but at the moment it feels like we are carrying one of them,just can't decide which!

Thought he was excellent. One occasion in particular in the second half, Francis seemed to get tripped by their winger who went steaming into the box. Just before he shot, Christophe came from no where and mugged him. Was excellent pace, strength and awareness to take away a real chance.

He did not get booked!! A rare quality in a Southend midfielder!! Grant must be heading for the quickest suspention in history! Has there ben a game hwere he has not been booked?? Shame because I really rate him but if he starts he must be a liability.

I thought that about Sawyer reminding me of Gerrard to.

I thought Christophe did well apart from the back pass to Mildenhall after he got injured.

Christophe is a decent holding midfield player and will do a job at this level, but Macca and Sawyer would be the first choice midfielders when the former is match fit. I see Christophe and Grant more as squad players with Moussa pushing the first choice pairing hard.
As a group though, I think the midfielders are mid-table players and thats probably where we will end up. In the search to replace Bailey, Tilly has brought in quantity, rather than quality.

Still at least with Sawyer he has finally found someone worthy of replacing Bailey at least a little.

Back