• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jehovah's Witnesses

My next door neighbours are JWs. Really nice people, have never pushed it on us.

Work with one as well, nice girl, but get a vibe it's led to her leading a bit of a sheltered life. (That or I'm just getting old!)

Have seen some propoganda that tried to explain there was an alternative to blood transfusion, which was allegedly cheaper. That us surely bollox, or else the NHS would use it as a preferred option!

We have one of their 'churches' virtually next door here in Eastwood and they used to be a real problem when they did their rounds. On numerous occasions I pushed my atheist beliefs on them on the doorstep when they came a calling and it must have had an effect because they by pass my place regularly now. :thumbsup:

Perhaps hanging a Col U scarf on the front door if you see them coming will stop them knocking on the door .:winking:

Absolutely, which means they often miss out on social occasions as they sometime are deliberately not invited to others' birthdays as the host parents just don't know what to do.

It would have saved you a bit of grief though so maybe they have the right idea.

One of our neighbours was a JW - could not do the doorstepping when she lived next to us - now she has moved to another village she pops around every now and then - but only talks about our cats!!!

My late father used to delight in inviting JWs (and Mormons) in and having a great discussion about religion (he was a lapsed Catholic) and commenting afterwards that they did not expect that :smile:

Another good way of getting rid of JWs is to tell them you are just going off to give blood :winking:

Another good way of getting rid of JWs is to tell them you are just going off to give blood :winking:

A very topical way at the moment is to ask them which way they're going to vote. You could even say you mistook them for canvassers.

The one at work didn't come out for my birthday, as it was against her beliefs. I was a bit offended by that. Surely MY birthday is MY belief, and she should respect that? Likewise, I'm not Muslim, but will always wish the chap who is at work a good Eid, or the couple of Hindus a good Diwali (ok... That one is a bit indulgent, as they bring in bloody good leftovers!)

Back