• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Clarkson

Should the Beeb sack Clarkson over his latest outburst

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
much as i dislike Clarkson I thought this was pretty funny.
Another reason not to join Unison. What a bunch of po faced idiots.
I did not see the One Show as I was strike breaking, sorry working, but apparently he said something supporting the strikes but then said as he was on the BBC and needed to be impartial he added the "I'd shoot them in front of their families" quote. We need to get a life and start having fun. Especially the Unison numbskull who likened him to Gaddafi??!!!!

I think the strikers should be shot by their families. That would learn 'em. Clarkson was clearly not being firm enough.

You could always go on stike to protest about it?

I did not see the One Show as I was strike breaking, sorry working, but apparently he said something supporting the strikes but then said as he was on the BBC and needed to be impartial he added the "I'd shoot them in front of their families" quote. We need to get a life and start having fun. Especially the Unison numbskull who likened him to Gaddafi??!!!!

Agreed, Clarkson is IMO a witless cretin and about as funny as piles, however it's Unison that need to look at themselves in this instance. The only other time I've agreed with Clarkson was when (probably scripted as most of his remarks) he called Brown a one eyed, Scotch idiot. He was almost right Brown is Scots not Scotch.

Whether he would actually do it or not is rather beside the point,IMO.He said he would do it.That's what counts.

That's what counts?? That he said it as a pose to did it?

So you would rather he said it to you than did it to you?

It was a laugh....that is what he is like. He says things like that to provoke a reaction. I love it that people have over reacted so much.

Same ol' same ol' with newspapers - the only thing I read about Clarkson was the one liner and the context wasn't reported in the Metro. That said, I despise him as a presenter and I would be overjoyed if the beeb got rid so that no money was going from my pocket to his.

Dont really like Clarkson, and he is essentially public sector himself with the license fee paying his extortionate salary, to basically drive and talk about cars.
But saying that the Unison people really are clueless and living in a dream world. Whilst most people are adjusting their lives because they are earning less, these cretins just want more and more. The only people the Union leaders care about is themselves and keeping their ridiculously high salaries and perks (£50m a year we pay for these leftie tosspots).
Heard one indian fella (or Ramadamadingdong as Alan Partridge may call them) saying the strikes were needed because people were struggling to survive and eat. Yeah right! If u want to save money, dump the sky tv or the £50 a month iphone!

I saw something similar to this last night:

"I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families." - Frankie Boyle = funny
"I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families." - Jeremy Clarkson = sack him.

To sum up get a grip, he said something funny, meant nothing of it, if people are genuinely offended by it I would suggest suicide as life may be a little too much for them.

Right wing people are offended by Frankie Boyle.
Left wing people are offended by Jeremy Clarkson.

Clarkson is just tedious, a cartoon character who's become a mockery of himself. Alan Partridge made flesh.

Right wing people are offended by Frankie Boyle.
Left wing people are offended by Jeremy Clarkson.

Clarkson is just tedious, a cartoon character who's become a mockery of himself, but saying that Tramadol Nights was abysmal.

The only reason I'm offended by Boyle is because he's Scottish. :smile:

Back