• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think I've mentioned before about the open discrimination in the Prison Service. If you were a white middle aged man then you stood not an earthly of promotion, however, being a black female of any age then you were fast tracked, regardless of how inadequate you were at the job. It's part of the reason the Prison Service is such a mess now as large numbers of those white middle aged men, the ones with the wealth of experience and commanded the respect of the prisoners, have left the profession.
so the top tiers of the Prison Service are all non-white women?

Back in the 80's they used the term positive discrimination which was used by people like the London Fire Brigade. Depending on the colour of your skin you could go on a 9 week course before you started the real training at Southwark. Not only did it put a slur on any Black/ethnic minority Firefighters who had passed the same as everyone else but was later ruled to be illegal.

All they have done is come up with new terms like, 'Positive Discrimination'. It now used even for promotion. The only problem with that is you can end up with Dianne Abbott in the shadow cabinet
positive discrimination / all xx short lists didn't exist when Abbott got into Cambridge or into Parliament and her ever increasing majority at each GE is obviously not effective by PD or short lists so are you ignoring all of her achievements because she is a black female or have you just worded that very badly?

positive discrimination / all xx short lists didn't exist when Abbott got into Cambridge or into Parliament and her ever increasing majority at each GE is obviously not effective by PD or short lists so are you ignoring all of her achievements because she is a black female or have you just worded that very badly?

No, plenty of racists have achieved many things. I'm just saying a consistent and proven racist has no place in the Cabinet office. A racist is racist regardless of their ethnic origins or their sex. By the way Labour candidates for certain London areas were selected on the racial backgrounds in 80's

Very strange how you would betray one of your core beliefs just because she is a Labour MP. Still from war was the right thing to do under Blair to Corbyn is the new messiah you obviously are 'open to change'

No, plenty of racists have achieved many things. I'm just saying a consistent and proven racist has no place in the Cabinet office. A racist is racist regardless of their ethnic origins or their sex. By the way Labour candidates for certain London areas were selected on the racial backgrounds in 80's

Very strange how you would betray one of your core beliefs just because she is a Labour MP. Still from war was the right thing to do under Blair to Corbyn is the new messiah you obviously are 'open to change'
Trying to stay on track because otherwise you spiral off into likening fellow poster to Pol Pot.

So specifically on Abbott - do you have any evidence that she became an MP based on anything other than her own endeavours?

Trying to stay on track because otherwise you spiral off into likening fellow poster to Pol Pot.

So specifically on Abbott - do you have any evidence that she became an MP based on anything other than her own endeavours?

Pol Pot would win for Labour in Hackney.

I would be impressed she had won a marginal seat because then she would have to engage with the people she dispises. You know the ones that according to her invented racism....The ones who love to divide and conquer....Blond haired nurses....The British army....The police...and just about any other thing she sees as an institution. No she prefers the company of JC and anyone who hates the British and especially their history

If Corbyn and Abbot were not such high profile members of the Labour front bench, Labour would be absolutely annihilating the Conservatives - as they should be at the moment with the Tories in chaos. Abbot is almost a Tory secret agent with the faux pas the vile woman continues to make.

I have no doubt there will be massive Labour gains of local councils tomorrow but that still needs to translate to the country as a whole for them to realistically offer an alternative.

The whole world of politics is a shambles.

do you have back up for this assertion?

Pol Pot would win for Labour in Hackney. I would be impressed she had won a marginal seat because then she would have to engage with the people she dispises. You know the ones that according to her invented racism....The ones who love to divide and conquer....Blond haired nurses....The British army....The police...and just about any other thing she sees as an institution. No she prefers the company of JC and anyone who hates the British and especially their history

Loved him when he won the first Britain's Got Talent

Pol Pot would win for Labour in Hackney.

I would be impressed she had won a marginal seat because then she would have to engage with the people she dispises. You know the ones that according to her invented racism....The ones who love to divide and conquer....Blond haired nurses....The British army....The police...and just about any other thing she sees as an institution. No she prefers the company of JC and anyone who hates the British and especially their history of
so we are agreed then that Abbott - born and bred in London became a London MP through her own endeavours and any comments to the contrary are baseless

I seem to remember Dianne Abbott saying, back in the day, that:" "White people love playing 'divide and rule' We should not play their game". Arguably that's what's happening on this thread, which is supposed to be about Jeremy Corbyn.

so we are agreed then that Abbott - born and bred in London became a London MP through her own endeavours and any comments to the contrary are baseless

That was never the issue so stop twisting it. The evidence is plain to see on her wiki page. If you choose to ignore it or see it from a different angle then fine but please stop twisting the facts that are out there for everyone to see.

I seem to remember Dianne Abbott saying, back in the day, that:" "White people love playing 'divide and rule' We should not play their game". Arguably that's what's happening on this thread, which is supposed to be about Jeremy Corbyn.

Always open season for attacking Diane Abbott on here, no matter what the ostensible subject of the thread. The obsessive, pathological hatred expressed by some people would make for a fruitful analysis by the psychiatric profession, or maybe it's a bit less complicated than that.

Abbot is such a terrible racist that she chose all-white Tory Jonathon Aitken as her son's GodFather. String her up. :facepalm:

That was never the issue so stop twisting it. The evidence is plain to see on her wiki page. If you choose to ignore it or see it from a different angle then fine but please stop twisting the facts that are out there for everyone to see.
the positive discrimination subject was introduced on 4554 then discussed from that point onwards. I'm saying that using that as evidence of Abbott being racist is not valid and neither is the later suggestion that she is where she is because of that policy. If other posters hadn't made these points I wouldn't be discussing them. So - no, not twisting, just discussing points raised by others (I won't say who made the points as apparently that is something Pol Pot would do!)

I see Heidi Alexander is stepping down as an MP to join Sadiq Khan's team.

The usual suspects are reporting this as a 'blow' to Corbyn but is it? Genuine question - I know little about her.

The usual suspects are reporting this as a 'blow' to Corbyn but is it? Genuine question - I know little about her.

(I do know that Labour are 1/50 to hold Lewisham East).

Nice girl. She helped that girl in a wheelchair. Bit overfond of goats however.

Heidi.jpg

She's a rightwing Tory lite MP who was one of the supporters of the 'chicken coup' against Corbyn and resigned from the shadow cabinet as a consequence. She will be at home with Sadiq Khan. Hope Lewisham gets a proper Labour MP to replace her.

She's a rightwing Tory lite MP who was one of the supporters of the 'chicken coup' against Corbyn and resigned from the shadow cabinet as a consequence. She will be at home with Sadiq Khan. Hope Lewisham gets a proper Labour MP to replace her.

So...you're not a fan then?

she was campaign Chair for Sadiq and has been a London councillor and MP and London transport is a big job so makes sense on those terms. She was also part of the 'coup' so painting her move I that light makes sense too. It's a big job in the same party so no real drama.

Back