• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If he did, that would be a paragraph of his manifesto I would wholeheartedly support. However the fact the this goal has eluded the best brains non-US governments can find over the past decade doesn’t dim anyone’s faith in John McDonnell?

It is cheaper for large multinationals to borrow money to pay dividends rather than pay tax repatriating offshore profits.

There is an argument that the economy would benefit by taxing firms like this less.

I want to know where the money is going to come from for what Labour are proposing.

Labour's manifesto last year was fully costed (unlike the Tories')*. You'll find that Labour's next manifesto will also be fully costed too.Hopefully, the Tories will also have learnt the lesson and will also do their homework next time around.

*Interestingly,according to Tim Shipman's account of the last GE, he says that the Tories did do their manifeto sums, yet chose not to release the figures.Massive own goal.

Labour's borrowing is predicated on the historically low,current rates of interest.

Last edited:
While the Tories are a mess of a Government, yet again Labour prove why they are not fit to take over the reigns. When I first saw this I thought it has to be a spoof, even she's not that stupid but no, it's real.

She does it again!

I was speaking to a local cabby a few months back who chased a bike gang for 12 miles from Chalkwell along the London road and through Pitsea. They targetted about 20 people mainly women by mounting the pavement and violently snatching phones and bags. One man tried to stop them in Pitsea and was run down by a bike and he was then given a good kicking, by several of the gang.

The whole time the cabby was on the phone to Essex police. Their advice of course don't give chase. I mean if the police wont attend the last thing they need is anyone trying to stop it. He did eventually give up. The next day the incident was completely played down by police and not covered in the Echo.

The bike gang did tick a lot of diversity boxes. However we do know its those middle aged Men and Women, known as football fans who need stopping and searching on a Saturday afternoon.

I was speaking to a local cabby a few months back who chased a bike gang for 12 miles from Chalkwell along the London road and through Pitsea. They targetted about 20 people mainly women by mounting the pavement and violently snatching phones and bags. One man tried to stop them in Pitsea and was run down by a bike and he was then given a good kicking, by several of the gang.

The whole time the cabby was on the phone to Essex police. Their advice of course don't give chase. I mean if the police wont attend the last thing they need is anyone trying to stop it. He did eventually give up. The next day the incident was completely played down by police and not covered in the Echo.

The bike gang did tick a lot of diversity boxes. However we do know its those middle aged Men and Women, known as football fans who need stopping and searching on a Saturday afternoon.
in this anecdote the cabby told you that he was able to see the bikers faces to report their ethnicity / gender / disability (not sure which diversity you are referring to) and at that point the police officer he was talking to became less interested in dealing with the crime - is that correct?

This is important because the public need to know if moped mugging is not adequately tackled because we have 20,000 less police than we had 8 years ago or because of potential diversity of the muggers.

in this anecdote the cabby told you that he was able to see the bikers faces to report their ethnicity / gender / disability (not sure which diversity you are referring to) and at that point the police officer he was talking to became less interested in dealing with the crime - is that correct?

This is important because the public need to know if moped mugging is not adequately tackled because we have 20,000 less police than we had 8 years ago or because of potential diversity of the muggers.
Well just like the parents of those 3 boys in Hayes its not the ethnicity of the perpetrators but the lack of police, to the point of cover up, action.

They had time to select random victims in Chalkwell, where he first witnessed them, Leigh, Hadleigh, Benfleet etc. By the time they gave the guy (who was Russian by the way) a good kicking they were in Tescos Pitsea. At no stage did he see a police car. At no stage have the police even contacted him for a statement. I tried to get him to go to the police but after his numerous stops by police in his cab as an 'easy target' as he described himself. He is one of the many hard working honest people who have little faith in the whole Justice/Police/immigration system, He has zero confidence in any politicians doing anything bout it so would crawl over broken glass to vote Brexit.

He described them as Roma Gypsies if you need a box to put them in.
and the cabby told you that he was able to see the bikers faces to report their ethnicity / gender / disability (not sure which diversity you are referring to) and at that point the police officer he was talking to became less interested in dealing with the crime - is that correct?

People want to stop free speech shouldn't come on a football forum.

maybe the mods should move this onto the current moped thread as we are going off topic.

While the Tories are a mess of a Government, yet again Labour prove why they are not fit to take over the reigns. When I first saw this I thought it has to be a spoof, even she's not that stupid but no, it's real.

She does it again!

Think most know she wouldn’t back the police. Moped robbery was at epidemic levels. Violence being used was getting more and more vicious. These tactics are working and the public back the officers. No one gives a bollocks about Abbot.

look up the definition of reliable and then come back to me

Where does it say 'unavailable'?

We're talking about the content, not the person. Because you're not able to verify the accusation by that one piece of information doesn't make it in itself or the person linking it unreliable.

reliable
/rɪˈlʌɪəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. 1.
    consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
    "a reliable source of information"
    synonyms:dependable, good, well founded, well grounded, authentic, definitive, attested, valid, genuine, from the horse's mouth, sound, true;
    copper-bottomed
    "reliable evidence"
    trustworthy, dependable, good, true, faithful, devoted, steady, steadfast, staunch,unswerving, unwavering, constant, loyal, trusty, dedicated, committed, unfailing,infallible, certain, sure;
    truthful, honest
    "a reliable friend"
    dependable, safe, fail-safe, tried and tested, well built, well engineered, good
    "the new bikes have reliable V-brakes"
    reputable, dependable, trustworthy, honest, responsible, established, proven, stable,sound, solid, secure, safe, safe as houses

Where does it say 'unavailable'?

We're talking about the content, not the person. Because you're not able to verify the accusation by that one piece of information doesn't make it in itself or the person linking it unreliable.

reliable
/rɪˈlʌɪəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. 1.
    consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
    "a reliable source of information"
    synonyms:dependable, good, well founded, well grounded, authentic, definitive, attested, valid, genuine, from the horse's mouth, sound, true;
    copper-bottomed
    "reliable evidence"
    trustworthy, dependable, good, true, faithful, devoted, steady, steadfast, staunch,unswerving, unwavering, constant, loyal, trusty, dedicated, committed, unfailing,infallible, certain, sure;
    truthful, honest
    "a reliable friend"
    dependable, safe, fail-safe, tried and tested, well built, well engineered, good
    "the new bikes have reliable V-brakes"
    reputable, dependable, trustworthy, honest, responsible, established, proven, stable,sound, solid, secure, safe, safe as houses
Have you even read my actual post. I've not accused rigsby himself of being unreliable (in this specific instance), I said his source of evidence that he's pinned his post/view on is unavailable... so as a source it's unreliable because no one can see it and was probably taken down for good reason!

jeez, I get more sense from my 4 year old.

Have you even read my actual post. I've not accused rigsby himself of being unreliable (in this specific instance), I said his source of evidence that he's pinned his post/view on is unavailable... so as a source it's unreliable because no one can see it and was probably taken down for good reason!

Seeing as your computer is mor reliable when it comes to posting links, perhaps you could do it for me.

Justice for our boys interview....Its 51:52 long

No, as I said. Because it's not available doesn't in itself make the source unreliable, it's simply unavailable as a source of verification.

unreliable
/ʌnrɪˈlʌɪəb(ə)l/
adjective

1. not able to be relied upon.
    "he's lazy and unreliable"
    synonyms:undependable, untrustworthy, irresponsible, reckless, fickle, capricious, irregular, erratic, unpredictable, inconstant, mutable, faithless, untrue, flighty, slippery
    "an unreliable group of volunteers"
    questionable, open to question, open to doubt, doubtful, dubious, suspect, unsound,tenuous, flimsy, weak, unsubstantial, implausible, unconvincing, unsupported,unsubstantiated, fallible, shaky, rocky;
    risky, chancy, disreputable, specious, defective;
    inaccurate, vague, untrue, incorrect, wide of the mark, off-target, wrong;
    informaliffy, dicey;
    informaldodgy
    "unemployment can be an unreliable indicator of the tightness of labour markets"
No where there does it say or even imply unavailable. Something being unavailable as a means to substantiate a claim is not a reason to make that source unreliable.

Back