• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jermaine McGlashan

Has been loaned out to Wrexham for the rest of the season as he does not fit into Richie Wellens style of play.
Poor Glash, with a baby on the way too and he has to uproot his family to non league Wales!

I would 100% have Mcglashan over Kightley on a wing just for he's pace if anything else.

I would 100% have Mcglashan over Kightley on a wing just for he's pace if anything else.
The Glash always seemed to cause problems off the bench, against a defence that's tired after 70 minutes you could basically just lob a ball out to the wing and you knew he'd get there first. Wasn't particularly pretty but he was a great Plan B player.

The Glash always seemed to cause problems off the bench, against a defence that's tired after 70 minutes you could basically just lob a ball out to the wing and you knew he'd get there first. Wasn't particularly pretty but he was a great Plan B player.
Which is great when you don't seem to have a Plan B.......

Didn’t even make the bench for today’s game, see him in training first I think.

I always remember the game against Millwall at home when McGlashan was electric. His best ever game for us. The Millwall defenders kept hacking him down as they couldn't keep up with him. I may be wrong, but I think he was back to being a sub the next game.

I met Benno in a snooker club whilst at uni in the North West in the mid 90s. A fascinating bloke... He had plenty of stories about his time with us... especially concerning dear Vic Jobson! Two weeks later Mike Marsh and Mark McNally came into the same club. Marsh really didn't want to talk to me about his time at Southend.... Let's just say he didn't enjoy his time with us!

Yes,definitely ( I would have been there if they hadn’t changed the ko time). I admired the way Edinburgh substituted to tweak his system to get on the front foot and the vital goal became more and more inevitable.

Yes,definitely ( I would have been there if they hadn’t changed the ko time). I admired the way Edinburgh substituted to tweak his system to get on the front foot and the vital goal became more and more inevitable.

He’s a good manager. Completely switched our formation to 3-5-2 and we’ve won 6 in a row. Probably playing our least attractive football of the season, though. Still, he’s mostly done it with the same bunch of players who went 15 without a win under Steve Davis. Mustn’t grumble.

Maidstone United@maidstoneunited

Soccer ball
Player Movement:
@MGlashan17
has left Maidstone to take up a role as Player Assistant Manager at Leatherhead. Thank you for all your effort at Maidstone Jermaine.

Back