• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jihadi John

I admit it would have been difficult-perhaps even impossible-but certainly a better outcome.

so are you saying you would rather risk him almost certainly escaping because we mounted an impossible operation. With a few dead soldiers as well.

I'm saying I believe in due process where possible.

As you say it was not possible in this case. So if the option is death by drone or free to behead aid workers who are there on a purely humanitarian basis and you had to make the decision what would you choose.

Better idea,drop a bomb on the %%%% and not risk SAS boys being killed and keeping this "thing" in prison ,for the rest of his life:Rather spend that money on the NHS.
Sky news said today,that about 750 scum,have gone to Syria,which about half have returned back to the UK.Should never have let them back in.

As you say it was not possible in this case. So if the option is death by drone or free to behead aid workers who are there on a purely humanitarian basis and you had to make the decision what would you choose.

Actually I said it may not have been possible.There's a difference.

Check post 18 on this thread from Lagerbomb for a good answer to your question.

JC has stated that he's waiting to see the intelligence report on the drone attack before he makes a final judgement.That seems like a reasonable attitude to me.

We know from US drone attacks in Afghanistan and Israeli ones in the M/E that drones are far from being 100% reliable in taking out only the targets they're aimed at.

Surely the main point,in any case,is that someone (also presumably with a British accent) will step into JJ's shoes before too long?

Actually I said it may not have been possible.There's a difference.

Check post 18 on this thread from Lagerbomb for a good answer to your question.

JC has stated that he's waiting to see the intelligence report on the drone attack before he makes a final judgement.That seems like a reasonable attitude to me.

We know from US drone attacks in Afghanistan and Israeli ones in the M/E that drones are far from being 100% reliable in taking out only the targets they're aimed at.

Surely the main point,in any case,is that someone (also presumably with a British accent) will step into JJ's shoes before too long?[/QUOTE]

Lagerbomb would needlessly risk British lives and reduce the chances of success greatly so not a very good idea.

You still haven't answered the question. To make it easier for you..... If the window was only five minutes because JJ was in a car on his way to behead a British aid worker and then crucify a Shiite Muslim woman because she tried to claim asylum in France and there was 100% no chance of a 'team' being deployed would you and I mean you and no body else order the attack. Of course you won't have any time to wait for a report you have to act now or the both die. YES or NO

Lagerbomb would needlessly risk British lives and reduce the chances of success greatly so not a very good idea.

You still haven't answered the question. To make it easier for you..... If the window was only five minutes because JJ was in a car on his way to behead a British aid worker and then crucify a Shiite Muslim woman because she tried to claim asylum in France and there was 100% no chance of a 'team' being deployed would you and I mean you and no body else order the attack. Of course you won't have any time to wait for a report you have to act now or the both die. YES or NO

You're rather missing the point here.

JJ is dead as a result of a second British drone attack in Syria.Instead of all the hypotheticals, I'd prefer to wait until some details of the intelligence report on this action become available.

You haven't addressed my comment that JJ's successor will regretably, probably soon make himself known to us,either.

You're rather missing the point here.

JJ is dead as a result of a second British drone attack in Syria.Instead of all the hypotheticals, I'd prefer to wait until some details of the intelligence report on this action become available.

You haven't addressed my comment that JJ's successor will regretably, probably soon make himself known to us,either.

The oldest trick in the book answering a question with a question. Come on you go first. Remember the rules you cant hide behind a report these people will die tonight.......YES or NO

Better idea,drop a bomb on the %%%% and not risk SAS boys being killed and keeping this "thing" in prison ,for the rest of his life:Rather spend that money on the NHS.
Sky news said today,that about 750 scum,have gone to Syria,which about half have returned back to the UK.Should never have let them back in.
Firstly how do you get to Syria? I'm sure you just can't get a flight there, and apart from being a war correspondent why would you want to go to a country where the people are fleeing from it? Im sure the border controls would prevent this from happening and if they are dodging the controls why are we letting them back in the country.
Also why can't we just lock these people up on their return to the UK not in some comfy immigration area but a UK version of
Guantanamo Bay prison, where they get interrogated to find out who and where the recruiters are and use every means possible including water boarding. After all if they are intent with killing innocent people then what rights do they have?

Firstly how do you get to Syria? I'm sure you just can't get a flight there, and apart from being a war correspondent why would you want to go to a country where the people are fleeing from it? Im sure the border controls would prevent this from happening and if they are dodging the controls why are we letting them back in the country.
Also why can't we just lock these people up on their return to the UK not in some comfy immigration area but a UK version of
Guantanamo Bay prison, where they get interrogated to find out who and where the recruiters are and use every means possible including water boarding. After all if they are intent with killing innocent people then what rights do they have?

ISIS scum may not feel that they want to adhere to the Geneva convention - but we do, and that makes us better than them.

ISIS scum may not feel that they want to adhere to the Geneva convention - but we do, and that makes us better than them.

Having the high moral ground doesn't cut the mustard where ISIS and their supporters are concerned though. It's all very well knowing that allied governments and forces are acting according to the Geneva convention but when the opposition don't fight fair, what are you supposed to do?

Having the high moral ground doesn't cut the mustard where ISIS and their supporters are concerned though. It's all very well knowing that allied governments and forces are acting according to the Geneva convention but when the opposition don't fight fair, what are you supposed to do?

The reality is, OBL, that Western security forces are doing stuff which is well away from any Geneva conventions, they have been for years, they also probably need to keep some sort of lid on terrorists.

The reality is, OBL, that Western security forces are doing stuff which is well away from any Geneva conventions, they have been for years, they also probably need to keep some sort of lid on terrorists.

Bush's Government were definitely in breach of the GC and thanks to that, and the Guantanamo, and many other Western foreign policies we're in the state we're in.

Bush's Government were definitely in breach of the GC and thanks to that, and the Guantanamo, and many other Western foreign policies we're in the state we're in.

It wasn't just Bush's tour of duty. All major civilised countries flout any international rules where convenient to them. The trick is not to get found out.

The oldest trick in the book answering a question with a question. Come on you go first. Remember the rules you cant hide behind a report these people will die tonight.......YES or NO

Sorry I don't do hypotheticals, ( just like most politicians in fact).

Anyway, there are more than enough real world problems atm, (unfortunatelY), to occupy everyone's attention.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't do hypotheticals, ( just like most politicians in fact).

Anywa,y there are more than enough real world problems atm, (unfortunatelY), to occupy everyone's attention.

I know I'm drifting into realms of fantasy with my silly hypothetical scenario but go on please indulge me. I mean its not as if any one in the real world would ever consider dropping a drone on some bloke from England called Jihadi John is it.

I know I'm drifting into realms of fantasy with my silly hypothetical scenario but go on please indulge me. I mean its not as if any one in the real world would ever consider dropping a drone on some bloke from England called Jihadi John is it.

Why should he? Real life isn't an episode of 24 or Homeland and you're not Jack Bauer or Carrie Matheson.

Back