• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jihadi John

Firstly how do you get to Syria? I'm sure you just can't get a flight there, and apart from being a war correspondent why would you want to go to a country where the people are fleeing from it? Im sure the border controls would prevent this from happening and if they are dodging the controls why are we letting them back in the country.
Also why can't we just lock these people up on their return to the UK not in some comfy immigration area but a UK version of
Guantanamo Bay prison, where they get interrogated to find out who and where the recruiters are and use every means possible including water boarding. After all if they are intent with killing innocent people then what rights do they have?

1. Turkey
2. To become a terrorist
2a. You live in Luton
3. Refer to point 1
4. British citizens
5. Don't make me laugh
6. You get the picture

Bush's Government were definitely in breach of the GC and thanks to that, and the Guantanamo, and many other Western foreign policies we're in the state we're in.

Then perhaps he should not make comments he can't back up.

Yeah, there's many on this website that that statement could apply to.

The Geneva Convention does not apply unless the war is between 2 nation states. Terrorists are classed as unlawful combatant so of course they have no rights under the GC.

Just thought you should know MK as I wouldn't want to see anyone accusing you of making up statements that you can't back up.

I never trusted phoney Tony and was dead against the Iraq war. Not in a liberal all wars are wrong nonsense sort of way. I just new we would never achieve anything and make the situation a lot worse. At the time there was plenty of support from the left because Saddam was a nasty horrible right winger. But of course they will never admit that now

I know blaming Western foreign policy is the first cliché for the apologists of terror. Another favourite is we have marginalised young Muslim men in Britain. Trying to make it sound that simple insults many other cultures, not just the thousands of Muslims who live in Britain. There is a lot more to it than that.

I was out with a group of friends on Friday as the events in Paris unfolded. One of which is a British born second generation Muslim from a successful and likeable family (shows how cool and PC I am). Like most of us, he has no time for young men who having grown up in this country head off to Syria to do what a Jihadi has to do.

So far the British or should I say European Jihadi has killed and tortured far more people in Syria than they have in Paris. They have arrived in a country that they have no family connections with and targeted anyone who won't conform to their twisted version of the Koran. Which of course means thousands of Muslims as well as Christians.

Jihadi John was the David Beckham of terrorists. We have even had young teenage girls trying to reach Syria to become a jihadi bride. In fact some Girls in the region have been forced into a marriage when their as young as eight years old. To a man who may have burned her farther alive. At least now he's not swanning around making the odd video, seemingly out of reach from justice. He won't inspire any other thrill seekers to join his gang. The other great cliché is 'if you kill one terrorist you create two more.' Well I say if you drop one drone you can always drop two

Of course there is no easy solution. Australia have made it much tougher to support terrorists or travel to and from Syria. That would be a start. I have been amazed by the some levels of naivety shown on the zone at times.

Some of you should be reminded that every terrorist organisation have been defeated or fizzled out in the end. It took 25 years in Northern Ireland and 30 in Sri Lanka but in the end the will to live is always stronger than the will to die.

It took 25 years in Northern Ireland

Not quite. The Society of United Irishmen, formed in the 1780s and led primarily by liberal Protestants, evolved into a revolutionary republican organisation, inspired by the American Revolution and allied with Revolutionary France. It launched the 1798 Rebellion with the help of French troops. Source: wikipedia.

Ideologies, histories etc all get blended into a kind of mishmash of ideals for the brainwashed. Jihadism is like Waco but on a bigger scale. They need territory to be successful (i.e. their Caliphate) - erode that territory and you erode their powerbase.

Back