• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jobs you would like if money was no object

Postman in Winterton on Sea.

Or pit lane reporter for Sky F1.

Or expert co-commentator for Sky Sports football. If a bloke did something that was rubbish I would say "That was rubbish". None of your "it was a difficult bounce", or "it came to him at the wrong height". This is your job for which you get paid thousands- for ****s sake do it properly.

spot on steveo,i HATE,the interviewer ,who interviews the player-manager and when they ask him something, gives the(his) answer in the question. dont "bottle" it, ask the player-manager why they were so bad, etc. for example interviewer-"your team did not play as good as expected today,was it the weather/ref.etc" tossers..ask a real/hard question

if i had it...the best job would be in the SAS..... i would even go to Roots Hall with my balaclava on

spot on steveo,i HATE,the interviewer ,who interviews the player-manager and when they ask him something, gives the(his) answer in the question. dont "bottle" it, ask the player-manager why they were so bad, etc. for example interviewer-"your team did not play as good as expected today,was it the weather/ref.etc" tossers..ask a real/hard question

I don't know why but I distinctly remember a Steve Bruce, then Wigan manager after his team lost at Arsenal. Heskey missed about 3 one on one chances and IIRC Arsenal won with a goal awarded for a dubious free kick. Obviously Bruce blamed the ref and big club treatment blah blah blah. I was willing the interviewer to ask "So the reason you lost wasn't because your record signing missed three easy chances then?"

Chef in my own little place. Or an author/kids author.

Yes I know I can do these now.......

I can't believe no one has mentioned job involving the assets of Kelly Brook or Lucy Pinder. ShrimperZone, you've changed.... :winking:

Chef in my own little place. Or an author/kids author.

Yes I know I can do these now.......

I can't believe no one has mentioned job involving the assets of Kelly Brook or Lucy Pinder. ShrimperZone, you've changed.... :winking:

Yeah but nether of them can knock up a decent breakfast.

If money was no object then I would be working for the Forestry Commission or if I was younger and single, The Merchant Navy.

Centre Midfield for Southend. No stressing over Ron's rubber cheques....

Oh, and Kylie Minogues official hot pant washer.

'No Kylie, I haven't seen the hot pants you were dancing in last night, I can't understand why they keep disappearing.'

If money was no object then I wouldn't be working!!!!

You'd get bored. Even if I won the Euro millions I'd have to do something.

Actually thinking about it, if money was no option I'd spend my life giving as many kids as I could a decent education.

On a similar line to MK, I'd love to run a nice seaside idyllic pub with a tea room attached - best of all worlds.

Chief Executioner, but the old days when that meant chopping peoples head off and wearing a black mask.

Always quite fancied being an LSD guinea pig. Would one of you be so kind as to pass on your extensive experience of it (not the executioner bloke, though, thanks).

Always quite fancied being an LSD guinea pig. Would one of you be so kind as to pass on your extensive experience of it (not the executioner bloke, though, thanks).

LSD is fun enough it a nice big open field on a sunny day, but don't do it in a busy club.....the fear!!!!!!!

LSD is fun enough it a nice big open field on a sunny day, but don't do it in a busy club.....the fear!!!!!!!

Thanks, MK, but I was just cracking a (bad) joke at the existence of this surreal thread. You're right, though. The Pink Toothbrush was a nightmare.

I have always wanted to be a WW2 historian but the pay stopped me. My dream job would defiantly be lead singer/guitarist for a rock bank, who got cameo riles in films and played in UNISEF's football match thing. Alternatively in in a dream world surely the 'best job' is the one that you find the most fulfilling and therefore my dream job would be something where I get to have a massive positive effect on the lives of others.

I read an article years ago about an investment bank trader and his wife who was an Investment analyst . They decided one year to give their bonus to an African charity. The next yeat they went to Africa to see what their money had achieved. Following that they gave up their jobs for a US IB and set up a trading company with all of their profits going to their own charity building schools and wells in Africa. They said that seeing exactly what their money achieved was extremely moving . The only downside was they said that when they lost money it was stressful as they understood exactly what that money could have achieved.

Back