• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joe Hart to have Torino medical before loan move

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
So, discarded by Man City and a less than successful Euro 2016 campaign can sometimes be costly it seems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37216083

I'm sure Torino are a good side, they sit 7th currently in Serie A, but maybe he could have done better? I'm very surprised that another Prem side didn't make more of an effort to get him.

Maybe because he's not that good? Not watched him for Citeh, but he's made several howlers for England.

Where were all these "he's no good" posts prior to the Summer? Before the Euros you could count his mistakes in an England shirt on the fingers of one hand.

Hart is a very good goalkeeper. He wouldn't have had the success he has had playing for the most successful club in England over the past five years were he not.

He is clearly today head and shoulders (pun intended) above City's other goalkeepers.

Maybe because he's not that good? Not watched him for Citeh, but he's made several howlers for England.

he aint that good,and wont be Englands goalkeeper in the future im sure ,if he is then i pity England.
:thumbdown:

How on earth can either of you say he's not so good if you haven't seen him playing for City? I know he had a bad Euros, but who had a good one in the last game?

As Beefy says, up until that time he was the very best England had (still have) available and Pelligrini obviously agreed given the games Hart got in under his control. He will return to the high standards that he previously reached, but it won't be in the UK. That, for me, is very sad as there are far too few Brits playing there now.

Why Italy? I would have thought he would prefer being in Jordan.

Watching the England v Russia game in the Euros, me and another mate were defending Joe Hart to a Man Utd supporting mate. He was often excellent for Man City in the Champions League last year and certainly the best England have.

From that point onward, the Man Utd mate has used that as a stick with which to beat us as Hart had a shocking Euros. But generally speaking, I stand by my thoughts that Hart is a good keeper - despite all the stick I've been getting!

I'm assuming he hasn't gone to another PL side as (a) the top sides, with the exception of Liverpool, all have very decent goalies (even if Cech is probably on the wane now) and (b) his wage demands would have put off any of the 'lesser' PL teams.

Man City are offering to help Torino pay Hart's wages as well - not sure they'd have been that accommodating to another PL team.

Pleased to see a top English player playing in one of the top European leagues as well. Hopefully the experience will serve him well.

So, discarded by Man City and a less than successful Euro 2016 campaign can sometimes be costly it seems.

I'm sure Torino are a good side, they sit 7th currently in Serie A, but maybe he could have done better? I'm very surprised that another Prem side didn't make more of an effort to get him.

What do you mean better?

More England players should move abroad. A move to a club 7th in Serie A is better than a move to a club 7th in the Premier League.

Aside from Liverpool I can't see who'd want him that could afford his wages in England, playing in Italy for a year will give him some good experience.

He's a very good 'keeper - certainly in the rung below the "elite" class of De Gea, Neuer, etc - that has gotten into some poor habits. His timing looks all over the place at times and despite the inane criticism Guardiola's had for insisting on a 'keeper who can use his feet, his distribution leaves a lot to be desired. Hart's now been dropped at some point in time, temporarily and permanently, by each of his last three managers. This one seems more terminal than the previous two, but it does hint at a serious problem somewhere down the line, be it his concentration or laziness.

That said, all the above is eminently coachable. Pellegrini had checked out long before he was actually told to do one, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the goalkeeper coach was fairly far down his list of priorities. Change of scenery and the shock factor of being shown the door might give him a serious kick up the arse.

He's a very good 'keeper - certainly in the rung below the "elite" class of De Gea, Neuer, etc - that has gotten into some poor habits. His timing looks all over the place at times and despite the inane criticism Guardiola's had for insisting on a 'keeper who can use his feet, his distribution leaves a lot to be desired. Hart's now been dropped at some point in time, temporarily and permanently, by each of his last three managers. This one seems more terminal than the previous two, but it does hint at a serious problem somewhere down the line, be it his concentration or laziness.

That said, all the above is eminently coachable. Pellegrini had checked out long before he was actually told to do one, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the goalkeeper coach was fairly far down his list of priorities. Change of scenery and the shock factor of being shown the door might give him a serious kick up the arse.

This ,of course,is something that Pep picked up from his mentor ,Johan Cruyff,who to the suprise of many,played Carlos Busquets as keeper in his "dream team," mainly because he could release the bll quickly wih his feet.

Busquets eventually went on to play American football,something that Joe Hart would seem unlikely to do.:winking:

This ,of course,is something that Pep picked up from his mentor ,Johan Cruyff,who to the suprise of many,played Carlos Busquets as keeper in his "dream team," mainly because he could release the bll quickly wih his feet.

Busquets eventually went on to play American football,something that Joe Hart would seem unlikely to do.:winking:

I don't believe Carles Busquets played in the NFL or MLS at any time - I think he went to play for a Spanish second division club after leaving Barcelona.

I don't believe Carles Busquets played in the NFL or MLS at any time - I think he went to play for a Spanish second division club after leaving Barcelona.

I did wonder if maybe he turned out for the Barcelona Dragons in the World League (much as Clive Allen did briefly for the Monarchs), but haven't read anything to that effect.

Facts, Barnaby! Facts!

Turin is a great city, maybe not Milan but almost. Joe will learn a lot there, he will develop and have fun. Good move for him.:thumbsup:

What do you mean better?

More England players should move abroad. A move to a club 7th in Serie A is better than a move to a club 7th in the Premier League.

That is seriously subjective on your part I think YB. And I disagree, which is also subjective. But I'm right and you're wrong.:winking: This is SZ after all.

I'm not sure that Joe did, but I still would, even if she is a wrinkled old trout these days.

An England Footballer did get a block on the story. Now I am not saying who it is but one person is Head and Shoulders ahead of the rest.

Back