• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we played the way we needed to to get out of L2. Hopefully we can scored a few more goals in League one.

Oh wait, we just lost the club's top scorer.

Excellent news. Never wanted Piggott to come here next season. With this, and Corr off up the M11, the good news just keeps on coming. Only McLaughlin to keep away from the club next season, and that's a back of the net hat trick for me.

A completely new start up front for the new campaign is what's needed, because we didn't exactly set league two alight last season did we.

Yes and that was completely down to the individual players and not the way we set up. Christ.

Doesn't sound too keen to come back, some of those comments seem a bit harsh on us! Corr and Pigott both criticising the style of play as well.

Let's hope Brown makes it clear to the new strikers coming in exactly what system we'll be favouring next season, so there can be no tension. Would be sensible management.

Blimey, doesn't sound like he was too happy playing for us, in the system he was used.
Perhaps he needs to have a long think and be very grateful. He has dropped down the pecking order at Charlton where he wasn't pulling up tree's. Doing well on his loan spell with us could give him another chance at Charlton. He got to play, and score at Wembley, a thing that may or may not ever happen to him again. I want to play for a certain team, doesn't mean it will happen again, or that you are good enough. If other clubs throw you a lifeline when your career is going backwards, be grateful young man.

So Piggy and Barry both don't like the way we play,that makes 3 of us at least !

Browns style may not suit everyone but he got us promoted which was the aim at start of season

Piggot all the best at charlton you have no chance there, you shouldn't burn your bridges you could end up bk on loan at Newport again if they will want you

Browns style may not suit everyone but he got us promoted which was the aim at start of season

Exactly right.
I don't want to get all righteous about it , but Corr and Pigott are players , not Managers.
They are employed to play for their team ( permanent or loan ) and have to conform to the system their Manager chooses.
Yes , it may not be their preference , but it did get us promoted , so wish they would just get on with it and stop moaning.
I recall a story back in the 70's when Emlyn Hughes was chosen for England at Left Back ( not his usual club position at the time ).
The reporter asked him how he felt about that , intimating that he must be aggrieved.
Hughes said that he would willingly play in any of the 11 positions available , including goalkeeper.
He also added that he would pay his own fare to Wembley and turn out for nothing.
Not the same thing I know , but just an example of attitude.
Btw , I'm not running Corr down for his decision to leave and to probably earn more money , or Pigott for wanting to break through at Charlton , but at least be respectful to the club you've just played for.

Excellent news. Never wanted Piggott to come here next season. With this, and Corr off up the M11, the good news just keeps on coming. Only McLaughlin to keep away from the club next season, and that's a back of the net hat trick for me.

A completely new start up front for the new campaign is what's needed, because we didn't exactly set league two alight last season did we.

You're aware we have been promoted yes?

Corr was our top scorer.

McLaughlin came on in the 2nd leg, set up the equaliser and scored the 2nd

Piggott scored in the final to take it to pens.

We wouldn't be in league one without these 3.

Get a grip.

JOE Pigott achieved every boy’s dream of scoring at Wembley and then
admitted: “I wish it had been for Charlton”.

Everyone has and should have ambition but a lot of those comments were not very professional/PC. Bridge well and truly burnt... On we go!

Comes across a bit arrogant and ungrateful in that interview. Most players never score at Wembley in their career.

Maybe just a bit ambitious to play Championship football? I can't blame him for bigging it up, it is, after all, a South London web site read by Londoners some of whom will be Charlton fans. If we had put Payne out on loan for a season I would be a bit miffed if he didn't want to play for us more than the club we loaned him to.

At least one of our strikers from last season has ambitions to play at the top level....I'd take a team full of these type of players over the Barry Corrs of this world.

Despite scoring more goals than Cassidy ( who didn't score any ) , I actually think Cassidy has more about him than Pigott as a player.

Awaits Mrs B's vitriol...................................

Glad he's gone won't make it in league 1, done my nut in when he came on at Wembley as he looked so slow and disinterested, he thinks he's better than what he is.

Will always go down as a hero after that goal at Wembley but no not for me, league 2 player if that.

Back