• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
I suppose it is possible that "The Pig" may have played his final game for Southend today and if so what a way to go out. He has carved his name into SUFC folklore for all time now and his goal will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest ever moments in our history.

Not only that but what balls to step forward and take the first penalty. His loan spell has been a great success without a doubt and if he does go back to Charlton now, I am sure he will look back on his time at Southend as a great opportunity that has given him the chance to play regular first team football, gain invaluable experience, progress greatly as a player & finally depart Roots Hall with a medal having scored at Wembley. It would be fantastic if now that we are a division higher Charlton might loan him to us again next season to further that experience in L1 but if that is not the case, I would like to thank young Joe for his massive contribution to our promotion this year and will certainly be following his career closely from now on whilst wishing him every future success.

Last edited:
I'll second that, what a moment when he equalised, and great nerve as you said for the pen! I would hope we might try to sign him permanently, I can't see him getting in a Charlton first team right now, and League 1 would be a good level for him.

The students I were watching it with were giving him grief for missing a few chances so it was gratifying when that goal went in.

As you say he has written himself into folklore!

As you say he will ever be remembered for that equalising goal, top stuff young man. If he doesn't come back on loan I wish him every success for his footballing future.

Cannot fault what he did yesterday and has worked hard during his loan spell. Not convinced on him as a forward just yet but thank him for his efforts.

Back