• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nicko1710

Was browsing the Charlton website and shows he was an unused sub in a friendly the other night when they near-enough played 2 whole teams as usual with subs. Don't know if this is a sign that their manager isn't keen on him and after he said he wanted to try to get into their team.
We certainly need strikers is he the one though ??? im not completely convinced by him !

Every time someone says they're not convinced by Pigott...

3845647.jpg

It's all about timing with this guy. If we had gone for him soon after Wembley and before any interviews by him, then we mostly would have been ecstatic. Include the baggage that has gone on since Wembley and now we're not so sure. Seems to me he is still the same player he was when he scored that Wembley honey. I'll have him and his babies if he wants to sign for us. Obviously, the deal is off if it's only a loan. I don't like teases.

He looks good to me, young enough to improve, good enough to be worth a place in a squad now. Also we need him with our shortage of strikers

It's all about timing with this guy. If we had gone for him soon after Wembley and before any interviews by him, then we mostly would have been ecstatic. Include the baggage that has gone on since Wembley and now we're not so sure. Seems to me he is still the same player he was when he scored that Wembley honey. I'll have him and his babies if he wants to sign for us. Obviously, the deal is off if it's only a loan. I don't like teases.

No I think people would still have questioned his worth as he went off the boil and couldnt even make the team towards the end.

No I think people would still have questioned his worth as he went off the boil and couldnt even make the team towards the end.

I can't deny he went off the boil, but what he managed before that made me think that as a permanent signing he could become a really good addition to the squad. I still think that. Hurst went off the boil last season, but I still think he is a good player waiting to pop up again.

I can't deny he went off the boil, but what he managed before that made me think that as a permanent signing he could become a really good addition to the squad. I still think that.

I agree with that and Im personally happy if we bring him back, but I do think many would have felt the same they do now if he re-signed straight after Wembley, and they would be right to have doubts. One moment at Wembley (two with the pen) aside his form did fall away, and as we know if strikers dont score every other game some write them off.

I agree with that and Im personally happy if we bring him back, but I do think many would have felt the same they do now if he re-signed straight after Wembley, and they would be right to have doubts. One moment at Wembley (two with the pen) aside his form did fall away, and as we know if strikers dont score every other game some write them off.

Careful JM we're nearly agreeing here.:smiles:

He's a 1/3 goalscorer and only 21. I think he's got lots of attributes and skill and is definitely someone to try and bring in.

Plus, at Wembley he showed a huge amount of composure and ability - it wasn't an easy chance and he scored it like it was no bother at all.

I'd really like to have him back. He'd also have re-sale value if he did well, which probably isn't the case with Mooney and CMS.

He's a 1/3 goalscorer and only 21. I think he's got lots of attributes and skill and is definitely someone to try and bring in.

Plus, at Wembley he showed a huge amount of composure and ability - it wasn't an easy chance and he scored it like it was no bother at all.

I'd really like to have him back. He'd also have re-sale value if he did well, which probably isn't the case with Mooney and CMS.

Wouldnt it be a loan again though?

Back