• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Let's not dream anymore that he is going to return. Came on in the second-half as a Charlton X1 met the Clarets at Chelmsford.
The visitors took the lead before that man Bricknell equalled things up just before the break. Pigott was involved in the action......
Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 37 minil y a 37 minutes
65' CLOSE! Pigott and Sho-Silva link up well before the latter sees a shot deflected behind from 12 yards.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 20 minil y a 20 minutes

85' SAVE! Pigott is denied by the foot of Timms.

Yet, it was another name, famliliar to Blues fans, who, in the end stole the thunder, to give Chelmsford victory......

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 38 minil y a 38 minutes

70' GOAL. Chelmsford take the lead through Sawyer. 1-2.

Ouch ;

A number of League 2 clubs including Luton Town, Bristol Rovers and Stevenage are interested in taking Joe Pigott on loan for the second half of the season. He spent the first half of the season at Southend United:
Appearances in the first team showed that Pigott was not up to Championship standard and he seems to have found his level in League Two.

Reportedly set to join Luton, good luck :pig:

The lad needs to pull his head out his arse and realise he's not as good as he thinks he is

I see Pigott had 63' minutes on the pitch away at Wycombe yesterday.

I wonder if the Wycombe fans gave him a nice, warm reception .....................:unsure: :whistling: :tease:

I liked the lad, spoke to him a few times and he was really chatty and friendly. After having chatted with some players about him, seems they liked him too, trouble was - as I've said before - he didn't really WANT it enough. You have to have that desire to succeed and to apply yourself, and he didn't have that. His attitude towards it just wasn't right. I'll never forget him though, and the amazing scenes arising from his goal on the 122nd minutes of our Wembley final.

I liked the lad, spoke to him a few times and he was really chatty and friendly. After having chatted with some players about him, seems they liked him too, trouble was - as I've said before - he didn't really WANT it enough. You have to have that desire to succeed and to apply yourself, and he didn't have that. His attitude towards it just wasn't right. I'll never forget him though, and the amazing scenes arising from his goal on the 122nd minutes of our Wembley final.

I find that really strange. If you're playing pro-football, which only a lot of kids can dream of, why not give it the best shot that you possibly can? The career of a footballer is short, and even if he'd stayed in Lg1 or the Championship he could have earned enough to have a comfortable post football retirement.

Now he's looking at earning a a lot less in non-league and will have to face the 9-5 come his mid 30s, and he'll have very little in the way of qualifications unless he works at them now.

Perhaps the dream of being a pro and the reality when you're a very average player and not Ronaldo is a world apart.

I find that really strange. If you're playing pro-football, which only a lot of kids can dream of, why not give it the best shot that you possibly can? The career of a footballer is short, and even if he'd stayed in Lg1 or the Championship he could have earned enough to have a comfortable post football retirement.

Now he's looking at earning a a lot less in non-league and will have to face the 9-5 come his mid 30s, and he'll have very little in the way of qualifications unless he works at them now.

Perhaps the dream of being a pro and the reality when you're a very average player and not Ronaldo is a world apart.

Lots of footballers don't enjoy playing football. One Liverpool player I forget who, regularly used to vomit before games because he hated playing.

Lots of footballers don't enjoy playing football. One Liverpool player I forget who, regularly used to vomit before games because he hated playing.

I guess you can be forced into a career by a pushy parent or think you'll just do it "for a while"....then you get stuck in the trap of earning money. Here I am, still on the Railway nearly 30 years after I wanted to jack it in after the first week. :smile:

Back