• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joe Pigott

When you think back to that promotion season, Phil signed two men to fire us to promotion. Two years later they are both playing in the Conference.

Oh Joe, such a massively memorable moment in our history and that's where you end up. Very sad.

He could be the most useless player of all time but he saved our arse big time with seconds to spare. for that he will always be held in good regard!!

Plenty of players have scored important goals for us down the years but they were pretty crap. Pigott was up his own arse when we attempted to get him back and thought he was good enough to get in Charlton's side and didn't want to play in League One. Nice to see he's finally found his level in non league

He was a nice lad, just had had a bit of a privileged upbringing and thought he was better than he was without having to put too much effort it. You would have hoped that being around Barry Corr at Cambridge he might have grown up a bit but seeing some of the comments on Twitter from Cambridge supporters, it would seem as if he still has that lazy streak in him.

He was a nice lad, just had had a bit of a privileged upbringing and thought he was better than he was without having to put too much effort it. You would have hoped that being around Barry Corr at Cambridge he might have grown up a bit but seeing some of the comments on Twitter from Cambridge supporters, it would seem as if he still has that lazy streak in him.
curious about the privileged background bit - I've met his Dad and brother briefly because they live near my brother in Kent and they didn't have that aura. Do you mean his upbringing or him having been at Charlton from a young age?

Scored the first of many goals this season with the only goal for AFC Wimbledon at Fleetwood on Saturday.

Playing for Wimbledon rather than a contender will count against him, but he's not the worst shout for an each way flutter for League One topscorer at 66-1.

I'd have loved to have had him here at Roots Hall under Chris Powell.

I missed the substitution, did he come off because he was injured? or was it a tactical change because they went down to 10 men?

I missed the substitution, did he come off because he was injured? or was it a tactical change because they went down to 10 men?

Yes it was a tactical substitution due to the sending off. Wordsworth has come on in the second half now. Not sure he is the type of player you want when you’ve had 10 men for most of the game.

A quick count, means that his goal against the hammers tonight bring his tally to 7 goals in his last 12 games for Wimbledon. To an extent you could say 7 in 11, as he only came on in the 80th minute against Barnsley and only played 26 minutes tonight.

Anyway, either which way it's still not a bad not a bad return.

Back