• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joe Pigott

Watford are about to get back into the premier league and their first signing will be a League One Striker?? Ok mate! Pigott is a great player but a premier league striker, I struggle to see it personally. I hope he is and it does happen. If I was Watford and I’m looking at League One for a striker I’d be going for Jonson Clarke-Harris, he has 10 more goals and is a year younger than Pig.

I think a Championship move would be good for Pig.

Watford are about to get back into the premier league and their first signing will be a League One Striker?? Ok mate! Pigott is a great player but a premier league striker, I struggle to see it personally. I hope he is and it does happen. If I was Watford and I’m looking at League One for a striker I’d be going for Jonson Clarke-Harris, he has 10 more goals and is a year younger than Pig.

I think a Championship move would be good for Pig.

Probably to do with transfer fees as well. Peterborough sell for high prices (Toney went to Brentford for £5m) and I can imagine Clark-Harris will go for as much if not more with Peterborough looking to be in the Championship next season.

Also worth noting that Peterborough are 2nd and Wimbledon are 19th.

Can't see it happening and hope he gets a move to a Championship club.

Sounds to me like one of the more blatant attempts to inflate their clients value I've seen. Just dropping in that it could be 6x more. Not that his guy is his agent, but I wonder where that rumour came from to begin with...

Last edited:
The season he scored goals for us and the stoppage time equaliser he was quality!! But in league one he looked completely out of his depth and couldn't hit a barn door! That's why we let him go!

The season he scored goals for us and the stoppage time equaliser he was quality!! But in league one he looked completely out of his depth and couldn't hit a barn door! That's why we let him go!
Just the 20 goals so far this season for League 1 Wimbledon—probably going up to the Premiership with Watford.

Just scored an added time equaliser for AFC Wimbledon. Fancy that ..
Did you see the goal? Apart from the fact it was from a right wing cross this time, it was a carbon copy of THE goal at Wembley, in that he took the cross down and in one movement thread it through a number of players into the bottom right hand corner of the net. Probably as crucial a goal too in that it virtually guarantees Wimbledon's survival.
Just makes me sad to see a proper striker, something we have not had since Humphreys left. Thanks again MM.

We let him go ?
So you think he was desperate to stay with us ?
When we got promoted he was very poor because we had gone up to league 1 and he couldn't hack it! That's a fact! I dont know if we let him go or he wanted to go? But I could see with my own 2 eyes he was not up to league 1 standard! But I'll admit hes done well since!!

Did you see the goal? Apart from the fact it was from a right wing cross this time, it was a carbon copy of THE goal at Wembley, in that he took the cross down and in one movement thread it through a number of players into the bottom right hand corner of the net. Probably as crucial a goal too in that it virtually guarantees Wimbledon's survival.
Just makes me sad to see a proper striker, something we have not had since Humphreys left. Thanks again MM.
RM not MM:Frustrated:

Back