• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joe Pigott

If Wimbledon were to go down, and it looks as though they probably will, I wonder if there is a chance that Powell might be interested? Seems to be doing alright for a team that's struggling and obviously has links to Powell already
Lol I wrote this towards the back end of the 18/19 season. We had Cox, Hopper and Humphrys at the time. We now have Akinola, Acquah and Halford. I blame Waddock

Sorry, I forgot Moseley is excluded from any blame.
After all he did bring in some scoring legends, Mellis, Hackett-Fairchild, Ferguson, Ranger, Halford, Holmes.....the list is endless.
I'm quite clearly talking about Joe Pigott in the Joe Pigott thread. If you wanna slag off an ex manager then dig up one of the many "Molesley is useless" threads

Wasn't he only on loan from Charlton both times with us?

Yes, I could have sworn that the second one was a permanent but apparently it was only a loan with a view to a permanent move. I still can't believe that we didn't keep him. He was not just a highly talented young forward but also a Southend legend.

He was exactly the type of player you invest in and give a bit of time to with the potential of a big pay off at the end. He'd shown he could perform at this level and just needed the time to develop the consistency but there just wasn't the patience or long term outlook.

Yes, I could have sworn that the second one was a permanent but apparently it was only a loan with a view to a permanent move. I still can't believe that we didn't keep him. He was not just a highly talented young forward but also a Southend legend.

He was exactly the type of player you invest in and give a bit of time to with the potential of a big pay off at the end. He'd shown he could perform at this level and just needed the time to develop the consistency but there just wasn't the patience or long term outlook.
I'll be honest, I did think he struggled a bit in League 1. It was probably mainly our style that he struggled with, but I seem to remember him having a bit of a hard on for Charlton and not really ever seeming committed anywhere else. I think that spell in non league gave him the kick up the arse he needed. I watched him in a cup game last season (against West Ham maybe) and I thought he looked a totally different player. Oozed class. Best of luck to the bloke. I spoke to him last season and he's a genuinely humble fella

I'll be honest, I did think he struggled a bit in League 1. It was probably mainly our style that he struggled with, but I seem to remember him having a bit of a hard on for Charlton and not really ever seeming committed anywhere else. I think that spell in non league gave him the kick up the arse he needed. I watched him in a cup game last season (against West Ham maybe) and I thought he looked a totally different player. Oozed class. Best of luck to the bloke. I spoke to him last season and he's a genuinely humble fella

Yes he had struggles at times but the talent was clear. Talented young players need time to mature and I was disappointed that we didn't give him that time (and kick up the backside if needed). I fear that there's too much demand for immediate success and not enough attention given to building things up.

Quite surprising. Must have signed a pre contract elsewhere to tune down a new deal in the current climate.
Linked with a return to Charlton. Birmingham & Sheffield Wednesday as well. I think I'd previously seen Reading mentioned too. Not short of options.

Would be a hell of a signing in NL but clearly too good for that level so can’t imagine that would happen.

A whole host of Championship clubs thought to be in for him, Forest, Birmingham among them. Millwall and Luton I think are also in need of a striker and more local so could be plausible destinations.

Fair play to him nice lad. I was in the car park after the play-off final at Wembley in 2015 and he was not with the rest of the team, he walked back and got on a little mini-bus full of his friends and family and went home. He was very chilled and laid back despite having scored one of the most important goals in our history.

Yep, to Charlton I suspect.
You don't think he would have a go at the Championship? The more I look at it the more I think he might end up at Luton, Nathan Jones there has worked with him when a youth coach at Charlton, again on loan later at Luton and they have just lost their top-scoring target man.

You don't think he would have a go at the Championship? The more I look at it the more I think he might end up at Luton, Nathan Jones there has worked with him when a youth coach at Charlton, again on loan later at Luton and they have just lost their top-scoring target man.

Maybe. I just think Charlton will be having a serious pop at promotion next season and see Joe to be the one to help fire them there. He was highly rated there previously, before losing his way a bit.

Back