• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joel Ward

amsemp

Director⭐
This guy has been superb all season for Palace. Can play left back, right back and midfield, all whilst making it look like he's been playing there for years. I remember watching the Palace vs Chelsea game where he stood out as the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Spoke to a mate at work who's a Palace season ticket holder and he said he's held in very high regard and is pretty much nailed on to scoop their POTY.

Right back is where he's played the majority of his games and if you check the stats, he's actually one of the highest rated right backs in the EPL this season. He has to be on the plane to Brazil for me, even if he's deputising for Johnson (even though I would probably rate Ward above Johnson).

If Roy leaves this boy at home and continues trying to play Smalling/Jones or the erratic Kyle Walker at right back, it will be an absolute crime. I know it's going to happen and it's incredibly frustrating. Pick players on form, not on 'big club bias' of FA favourites!

The problem is that Johnson is nailed on for first choice RB, and he'll need back up. I wouldn't really bother with a dedicated RB as back up (walker) and would take smalling and jones for their versatility, which frees us up to take 5 strikers.

Yeah no point taking two right backs. Jones can fill in there, as could Milner at a push. I'd rather have the extra space in the squad for more attacking options.

Jones isn't great at right back and Smalling is even worse. If Glen Johnson is injured 10 minutes into the first game then we're in trouble. 4 strikers is plenty. He'll only give Sturridge and Rooney any serious minutes and will probably only play one up front in some games. We need decent cover in every position.

Have u seen Jones and Smalling this season they have been absolute dog ****. Hodgson will pick them as they play for Man U not because they deserve their place. Jones' mistake this afternoon sums him up. Massively overrated.

Seems on Amsemps thread that WARD is versatile being able to play RB, LB and inMidfield, so that shoots a few arguements down.If he is the form player of those that have been mentioned ,then rightly so he should be on the plane to Brazil.

Back