• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5scoops

Coach
What's betting phil will bring Barton ,after him being kicked out

Thing is would you be happy with him or just one more old player we dont need!

What's betting phil will bring Barton ,after him being kicked out

Thing is would you be happy with him or just one more old player we dont need!

Barton would demand big money maybe 10k per week,maybe more.

I think he is decent,can win the ball,can pass it too......bit too expensive even for Ronald.

Negatives outweigh the positives; Barton Is still a very good player despite his age, especially at Lge 1 level, that said his wages would be out of our reach, he's a loose cannon, and I'd rather spend the money on a decent goal scorer (In any case we don't have the money)

There is no way Joey Barton would end up playing league 1 level (this season anyway), especially at our club, considering his wage demands, he is more than likely to play for a Championship team with a big fan base that can afford his wages, such as perhaps...Norwich, Aston Villa, Leeds, Ipswich or one of the 2 brummie sides....I wouldn't also be surprised to also see Cardiff, Blackburn or Notts Forest go after him.

Barton would demand big money maybe 10k per week,maybe more.

I think he is decent,can win the ball,can pass it too......bit too expensive even for Ronald.
he is quality...still a top top player, Burnley did not want him to leave, maybe he will go back... quality player.

Joey Barton is an interesting player. He obviously has a great deal to offer as - despite constant problems - clubs pay a great deal of money for his services at good levels.
However, I have never, ever seen him perform well. Obviously I must miss the great balls etc. I just see a determined, fist clenching bloke running around looking aggressive but rarely offering anything tangible.

even if he played for free I would have a long hard look at whether he fits or not. He is clearly a massive upgrade on what we have, but not if it is felt he would disrupt what we have. Its bad enough the players hearing the crowd tell them they are xxxx, let alone hearing it from the new guy

Joey Barton is an interesting player. He obviously has a great deal to offer as - despite constant problems - clubs pay a great deal of money for his services at good levels.
However, I have never, ever seen him perform well. Obviously I must miss the great balls etc. I just see a determined, fist clenching bloke running around looking aggressive but rarely offering anything tangoble.

He's 34. He's signed off with stress. Was banned for 6 weeks by Rangers in September following a training ground bust up. He is being investigated over breaking betting rules, with 44 bets he allegedly placed.
Sounds like a whole lot of trouble to me.

I'd rather have Joey Deacon. (one for the kids)

I'd rather have Joey 90. (One for the olduns).

Ignore that. Just seen where he is.
16130.jpg

Very true Ailsa Road. Yet I still do not get it. During the season that QPR were relegated - Joey Barton was so bad it was embarassing to watch.
I just do not get why clubs spend money on the man. Yet, Burnley were promoted and people such as 'Arry love the guy. Is beyond me.
Pointless thread on SZ though. As you say, he ain't coming here!

Back