• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Im never one to criticise players of this football club to heavily, but seriously i can see this signing seriously undermining the togetherness of the team.

Not only do we have much more capable players who can play the same position , but whats more they are our players and are certainly not going to cost as much.

I have seen the last two performances and have been completely underwhelmed. This player seems to have very limited ability a very limited interest and definately has the poorest body language of any player i have seen in recent years.

I just dont see any sense in the signing particularly given how strong we are are in the midfield.

I do honestly think that PB has lost the plot. We have been so shot shy for some time yet he loans out all of our reserve strikers and signs a loanee up top who is not getting any minutes on the pitch.

If i were the likes of Will Atkinson and Connor Clifford i would seriously be questioning if i had a future at the club and maybe asking to leave for first team football.

Both of the players above give there all for the team and are decent options.

I just think this situation coupled with our lack of activity singing an adequate forward will cost us again this season.

Im never one to criticise players of this football club to heavily, but seriously i can see this signing seriously undermining the togetherness of the team.

Not only do we have much more capable players who can play the same position , but whats more they are our players and are certainly not going to cost as much.

I have seen the last two performances and have been completely underwhelmed. This player seems to have very limited ability a very limited interest and definately has the poorest body language of any player i have seen in recent years.

I just dont see any sense in the signing particularly given how strong we are are in the midfield.

I do honestly think that PB has lost the plot. We have been so shot shy for some time yet he loans out all of our reserve strikers and signs a loanee up top who is not getting any minutes on the pitch.

If i were the likes of Will Atkinson and Connor Clifford i would seriously be questioning if i had a future at the club and maybe asking to leave for first team football.

I just think this situation coupled with our lack of activity singing an adequate forward will cost us again this season.

He has been poor yes and on the basis of his performances thus far I wouldn't sign him.

but this is a tad harsh 'the worst body language that you've seen in recent years'? Basing that on his reputation from his previous clubs? I think so

He is only 1.5 games in he didn't play well in those but nor did anyone else really still time for us to judge him before the end of the loan and of course it only is a loan so we might not even sign him.

....not as though we were not told about him.If that's him trying then i dread to think what he is going to be like. Stubborn Phil had to get him and now will make sure he plays and it will ultimately cost him his job if we are lucky. Errr what did Clifford ever do wrong apart from chip in with the odd good goal....i despair of Tango......sure the granny in the tea bar could do a better job with these players!

I agree, managing our performance in the final third is clearly not his strong suit. Cauley Woodrow went on to get Premiership minutes (and a goal) at the end of last season, Coulthirst's time here looks to be a complete carbon copy given his success recently when he rejoined the Spurs U21s!

I think we should be looking to get a new member of coaching staff in! Brown in general has done well for the club both on and off the pitch but we're missing the final piece of the puzzle and JJOT ain't it!

pretty much spot on, wonder what Mr Martin thinks of this signing and how much longer can we start him in games ? Think it's a good thing he is now banned for Friday's game, hopefully this will give someone else a chance and get us back on winning ways, I think if brown then insists on starting o'toole it could eventually cost him his job, bench him and let him earn his place in the team I say.

Not right to judge anyone too quickly but the fact he got taken off at half time in his second game hardly bodes well.

Doesn't seem like he is proving any of those pre-conceptions wrong so far.

I agree, managing our performance in the final third is clearly not his strong suit. Cauley Woodrow went on to get Premiership minutes (and a goal) at the end of last season, Coulthirst's time here looks to be a complete carbon copy given his success recently when he rejoined the Spurs U21s!

I think we should be looking to get a new member of coaching staff in! Brown in general has done well for the club both on and off the pitch but we're missing the final piece of the puzzle and JJOT ain't it!

Who were managed by a lunatic who got them relegated, not sure I'd hold that up as evidence of too much,

I couldn't really put it any better than that. Big fan of Atkinson/Clifford and I'd have either in this side over O'Toole. I guess we'll have to see how it pans out but I sincerely hope Brown's reluctance to find roles for WA and CC lead to their inevitable departures.

Got chatting to a chap on a stag do last weekend and he was telling me that he knew a pro footballer. When he said JJOT and I said that I supported Southend he just laughed. And it was more out of pity than amusing coincidence.

Isn't he now suspended as well? Another brainless call to bring a player in on loan who's one booking away from a suspension.

But agreed, If I'm the likes of Deegan, Atkinson & Clifford. I'm extremely pee'd off at this bloke being here.

Isn't he now suspended as well? Another brainless call to bring a player in on loan who's one booking away from a suspension.

But agreed, If I'm the likes of Deegan, Atkinson & Clifford. I'm extremely pee'd off at this bloke being here.

To be fair he has brought him in with a view to a permanent move so one game isnt the be all and end all.

To be fair he has brought him in with a view to a permanent move so one game isnt the be all and end all.

Well after seeing him for one and a half games I do hope that view has changed! No better than what we already have.

Average at best in first game. Poor at best against Wycombe. Really hope we haven't agreed to sign him already!

Put Leonard in midfield and White back at RB, then send O'Toole back.

Well after seeing him for one and a half games I do hope that view has changed! No better than what we already have.

He did say he is playing for a contract, he is going to have to do much better to get one, especially if he is meant to be a big earner.

He is a waste of space and nearly has an ego the same size as his 80's hair. Either Phil owes him for some past error or he is his love child.

It's astounding that Brown chased him for well over a year yet seemingly doesn't have a clue how to use him.

Even against a side as poor as Northampton the signs were there that he doesn't offer anywhere near enough defensively to play in a two man midfield yet Brown thought it was a good idea to play him there away to the league leaders.

Utter lunacy. Either play him off the striker where at least his lack of work off the ball won't hurt us so much and make better use of his eye for goal or drop him and play a proper midfielder instead.

Completely agree with you on the players you mentioned being completely put out by him signing. If I was Clifford I'd be doing everything I could to get a move away in January, it's clear Brown doesn't rate him for whatever reason. By far and away our best player the first two months of the season yet has barely had a look in since.

Not right to judge anyone too quickly but the fact he got taken off at half time in his second game hardly bodes well.

Doesn't seem like he is proving any of those pre-conceptions wrong so far.

Who were managed by a lunatic who got them relegated, not sure I'd hold that up as evidence of too much,
To be fair Woodrow did well when he went back, certainly played better at Prem level than he did for us, that's the problem bringing in youngsters from top clubs, different culture, different coaching, different understanding of what players around them are likely to do, we need experienced wise heads to get us out of this **** division

I really like Clifford, I think he has the right attitude, gets stuck in and can score from distance. I know we will lose him come the end of the season and give it 3-5 years he will be playing L1/Championship.

i haven't seen anything from JJOT that puts me on the edge of my seat

To be fair Woodrow did well when he went back, certainly played better at Prem level than he did for us, that's the problem bringing in youngsters from top clubs, different culture, different coaching, different understanding of what players around them are likely to do, we need experienced wise heads to get us out of this **** division

Woodrow has had 36 league appearances scoring just 4 goals which is gash.

Back