• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Couldn't make it to the Hall today so went the hours journey from Dorset to watch Exeter City play Northampton Town.

Stand out performer was John-Joe O'Toole who not only laid on the first Northampton goal with a clever flicked header but also scored a good goal himself, he was everywhere and caused no end of problems with his movement, a real box to box player, something we are sadly lacking at present. He was taken off with about 15 minutes to go and that caused much puzzlement amongst the Exeter fans as he was Northampton's stand out player.

I know his two matches for us didn't go that well but given time I am convinced he would have been the goal scoring midfielder we so need, 13 goals for Bristol Rovers last season was surely not a fluke! Probably won't happen now as Northampton are playing him regularly and would be loathe to lose him.

Coincidence that his performances have improved since the January transfer window opened? Someone's obviously looking for a move. He's obviously a capable player but lacks a huge amount of effort. Not interested in the slightest.

no coincidence that hes getting a run of games and therefore starting to play well. i warned the lot of you at least 3 times that he naturally takes time to be match fit, but when he gets there hes worth it.

what he really needs is to start the season fit like he did at bristol last season. if that happens he will stay in any team and be a big asset to it.

Couldn't give a monkeys, didn't want him, don't care how well he does.

After another uninspiring lack of goal scoring from midfield today I am staggered that we get a proven quality player in and people slag him after two games. Very odd he went back but I'd have him back here in a heartbeat. Clearly Brown isn't going to play Clifford so while our centre halves don't score goals, our strikers don't score goals and we have Deegan and Atkinson in midfield we might as well kiss goodnight to our season now.

Coincidence that his performances have improved since the January transfer window opened? Someone's obviously looking for a move. He's obviously a capable player but lacks a huge amount of effort. Not interested in the slightest.

Exactly the same thought went through my head too. A quality player when he wants to be, sadly he seems to be one of those whose effort doesn't match his ability.

Exactly the same thought went through my head too. A quality player when he wants to be, sadly he seems to be one of those whose effort doesn't match his ability.

i thought he tried hard in the first half against Wycombe, and clearly faded due to fitness. He was poor in he second game he played for us but that's far too short a time period to judge someone. We need goals desperately..... O toole would score them over time.

He was shocking when he played against us the other week. Was gutted then they subbed him as it got them back in the game.

Scored against the man who brought him briefly to Southend and then didn't play him. Northampton got a 1-1 draw at Swindon in a bottom half of League Two clash.

McGlashan got subbed almost straight after O'Toole's goal. Bridge was an unused sub for Northampton.

Scored to put the Cobblers 1-0 and then won a penalty.

Former Shrimper Jack Bridge also started but was subbed at 2-0 up after the Cobblers had a man sent off.

Scored to put the Cobblers 1-0 and then won a penalty.

Former Shrimper Jack Bridge also started but was subbed at 2-0 up after the Cobblers had a man sent off.

I always liked Bridge, was a little bit gutted when he left.

Back