• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John-Joe O'Toole

That guy must just always have a stinker when he played against us (or for us) as I’ve always thought he was pony

Technically a good player but incredibly lazy and also on high wages at the Cobblers, so I've heard, which may explain why PB ditched him so quickly when he was on loan with us.

Technically a good player but incredibly lazy and also on high wages at the Cobblers, so I've heard, which may explain why PB ditched him so quickly when he was on loan with us.
Ok midfielder with a remarkable knack of finding goal scoring opportunities AND taking them.

To be fair, he is a decent player at our level, and only played a handful of games for us while we still had a decent midfield. If I rightly recall, wasn't he recalled by Northampton fairly quickly?

Yes. It was odd because Chris Wilder had openly said he wanted to offload JJ as ‘things hadn’t worked out’ at Northampton. Yet back he went and stayed for another four seasons! As I said I think it was down to wages and equally his attitude was pretty poor apparently.

Northampton’s Anthony Wordsworth. Or rather no longer Northampton’s Anthony Wordsworth.

He scored 3 goals and registered 1 assist in 31 games in League Two last season, so seems a bit strange that Burton have signed him with Clough talking about what a threat he is.

“He has played a midfield role, but I think (he carries a) threat in both penalty areas from set plays"

Carries a threat in BOTH penalty areas? Sounds like a bit of a liability........:Smile:

Have a word with yourself YB!

I agree with him, maybe not on attitude but they’re both very similar. Highly rated when they were younger and never quite hit the levels their talent deserves. Can be absolute world beaters one game and then have a stinker for the next 20.

I was excited when we signed both of them and disappointed by the end with both.

I agree with him, maybe not on attitude but they’re both very similar. Highly rated when they were younger and never quite hit the levels their talent deserves. Can be absolute world beaters one game and then have a stinker for the next 20.

I was excited when we signed both of them and disappointed by the end with both.

Not a bad shout Ricey but OBL looks at certain qualities in a player that many of us boys tend to miss.

Not a bad shout Ricey but OBL looks at certain qualities in a player that many of us boys tend to miss.

I don't know what you're talking about rigsby! :Smile:

No, seriously, I'm sure Woody's more creative than the Tool is. You used to be able to check statistics quite easily on club websites going back a number of seasons but I can't - and don't have time now - to find the stats on goal assists in particular, but I think he finished up 2nd highest goal scorer here in his last season with us.

I don't know what you're talking about rigsby! :Smile:

No, seriously, I'm sure Woody's more creative than the Tool is. You used to be able to check statistics quite easily on club websites going back a number of seasons but I can't - and don't have time now - to find the stats on goal assists in particular, but I think he finished up 2nd highest goal scorer here in his last season with us.

Didn't notice this at the time but is this a review from an Anne Summers website :Winking:

Back