• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Terry Messes With Karma

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
I don’t believe in fairies, I don’t believe in miracles and, to be honest with you, I’ve still not made my mind up on the whole God thing, but I’ll tell you what I do believe in. I believe in Football Karma. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together. On Saturday evening, it bit John Terry on the bottom.

I was at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night and I was as surprised as everyone else when John Terry was able to control the ball with his arm in the penalty area and get away with it. Well, not as surprised as Bolton’s assistant manager Sandy Stewart who let rip like an Icelandic mountain range, but you know what I mean. It was handball and Bolton were right to feel robbed. But it wasn’t Terry’s arm that invoked the furious wrath of Football Karma. It was the interview he gave afterwards.

“I don’t know what it looked like on TV,” said Terry, “but it certainly felt like it came off my chest.” Did it? Really? If Terry feels something in his chest when the ball hits his arm, I’d suggest a trip to the doctor, sharpish.

Football Karma isn’t always nasty. Sometimes it can be life-affirming like when a former player scores against the club that let him go as a schoolboy. Or it can be just, like when a time-wasting team with a one-nil lead concedes a late equaliser and suddenly finds themselves facing seven minutes of stoppage time. At White Hart Lane, however, Football Karma had a serious strop on.

Terry conceded a penalty when a ball was blasted at him from close range, his team came off the rails and lost 1-2 and he was sent off for a second bookable offence when he clattered into Gareth Bale.

If he’d only admitted to the handball on Tuesday, then none of this would have happened. Would he have felt any less of a man had he simply acknowledged that he got a bit lucky against Bolton?

I doubt many people will feel sorry for Terry given his past record, but as an Englishman I just hope he’s learned an important lesson before the World Cup. It doesn’t matter who you are, how much you earn, or whose girlfriend you’ve bumped uglies with. You don’t mess with Football Karma.

QUOTE - “We know what we have to do in the next three games. We must not have a panic now.” - Carlo Ancelotti tries to talk Roman Abramovich off a ledge.

Last edited:
If Football Karma exists, then Terry's sending off is more likely attributable to his disgraceful and reckless challenge on Milner last week.

If Football Karma exists, then Terry's sending off is more likely attributable to his disgraceful and reckless challenge on Milner last week.

Was going to mention this too, glad be is feeling a little less 'untouchable' now :)
Shame it wasn;t a straight red and 3 matches in the stands

Yep, possibly the most disliked player in the Prem - and we will all be pinning our hopes on him come June.

The way hes playing be lucky to get in the England team. Main reason why we have no hope of winning the world cup- Rio is not fit enough and JT will get mullered by the better strikers.

Back