• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Apologies if this is already common knowledge, but it came as news to me.

I only stumbled upon it because I was checking out the Zone's latest sponsor and it's
at the bottom of the page

Who's Woody - is that Wordsworth?

Bolger obviously didn't get on with the squad as he alone doesn't seem to have a nickname like Deegs, Tims, Pig, Bents, Coker, Westy and Lenny all do.

I only stumbled upon it because I was checking out the Zone's latest sponsor and it's

Bolger obviously didn't get on with the squad as he alone doesn't seem to have a nickname like Deegs, Tims, Pig, Bents, Coker, Westy and Lenny all do.

Don't you know nuffink? OBL to the rescue:

'I'm sure there's plenty of photos kicking about - here's Kev and I with Woody, who we spent ages chatting to after finding out that he's a huge fan of The Rifles as well!'

I bet he mentions the Herbalife, which is a pyramid scheme. A con and a sham built to shake down suckers who don't know any better. And it may be the biggest pyramid scheme of its kind in the world. I am surprised a pro footballer has been sucked into using it

I bet he mentions the Herbalife, which is a pyramid scheme. A con and a sham built to shake down suckers who don't know any better. And it may be the biggest pyramid scheme of its kind in the world. I am surprised a pro footballer has been sucked into using it

How much, Barna?

How much, Barna?

I'm hardly Barna. It's plastered all over Instagram and Twitter on a daily basis. Don't agree with any pyramid selling organisations, they prey on the weak and impressionable, no idea how White got drafted up, though he quite weak at RB :winking:

Doesn't Ronaldo use it too? One of the biggest and most well known players in the world. Must be doing something right for him to endorse it.

Doesn't Ronaldo use it too? One of the biggest and most well known players in the world. Must be doing something right for him to endorse it.

Its pyramid selling. Do some research on Herbalife and you will understand more

Its pyramid selling. Do some research on Herbalife and you will understand more

I know exactly what it is, it's like all of those schemes. A lot of the military wives do all these schemes and promote them on camp. Herbalife, Juice Plus, etc. You can't fault the bloke for wanting to make a living outside of football. His career is at the tail end so he needs to start planning for the future. It's obviously working for Garry Richards who has got JW involved in this. As professional/ex professional footballers they will be better at selling it than fat ***** like us.

I know exactly what it is, it's like all of those schemes. A lot of the military wives do all these schemes and promote them on camp. Herbalife, Juice Plus, etc. You can't fault the bloke for wanting to make a living outside of football. His career is at the tail end so he needs to start planning for the future. It's obviously working for Garry Richards who has got JW involved in this. As professional/ex professional footballers they will be better at selling it than fat ***** like us.

You know how pyramid selling works?

I'll be sure to give it a miss. I've read enough bollocks about Herbalife inbetween Trade Price Cars plugs from his Facebook to last a lifetime.

Do you know they prey on the gullible, feed off their earnings etc etc

Yep, but not when they are professional and ex professional footballers. They use them as figureheads and build around them to attract more gullible prey!

I'll be sure to give it a miss. I've read enough bollocks about Herbalife inbetween Trade Price Cars plugs from his Facebook to last a lifetime.

It doesn't mention Herbalife, that's just dwb going a bit Barna.

Yep, but not when they are professional and ex professional footballers. They use them as figureheads and build around them to attract more gullible prey!

So you are saying that John White and Ronaldo are being used as figureheads to help prey on the weak.

Do you are saying that John White and Ronaldo are being used as figureheads to help prey on the weak.

Not so much Ronaldo. He is a marketing tool and has his own line with them. They will be paying him for doing very little. He must think something of the product to be involved though. (You'd like to hope)

John White, Garry Richards, Mark Phillips and whoever else lower league players who sell/promote it. Will be used to attract more into these schemes as to the average Joe seeing it being promoted and sold by a footballer is more of a reason to trust it and want to be involved.

You should probably think about deleting him.

Not so much Ronaldo. He is a marketing tool and has his own line with them. They will be paying him for doing very little. He must think something of the product to be involved though. (You'd like to hope)

John White, Garry Richards, Mark Phillips and whoever else lower league players who sell/promote it. Will be used to attract more into these schemes as to the average Joe seeing it being promoted and sold by a footballer is more of a reason to trust it and want to be involved.

The difference between this and other pyramid schemes (i.e. cash schemes) is that these people are selling a consumable that will be (obviously) consumed and will therefore need to be replaced. So customers will come back for more.

Cash pyramid schemes are much much worse because the scheme soon runs out of people, and because cash isn't a consumable people don't come back for more.

Friends of mine got all excited about a pyramid scheme and tried to get me involved. The pyramid was that each person gave £3000 to a the person who roped them in, and then found 8 people to give them £3000, and each of those 8 found another 8. I sent these friends a spreadsheet which showed this that it would only take 9 levels of the pyramid to exhaust the entire population of the country.

LevelNumberCumulative
1 8 8
2 64 72
3 512 584
4 4,096 4,680
5 32,768 37,448
6 262,144 299,592
7 2,097,152 2,396,744
8 16,777,216 19,173,960
9 134,217,728 153,391,688
10 1,073,741,824 1,227,133,512

But the difference with something like Herbalife is that it's a consumable, so people will come back for more.

Back