• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News John White joins Wimborne Town on loan to end of season

Couple of things:

1. Great that JW is getting out and playing games. Players are a long time retired and he should be playing. Hopefully if we move to a "B" team model next year, squad players will get more minutes in proper games (like the one against Brentford).

2. Wimborne Town has a director well known to us. One Harry Redknapp. Who is famously one of Uncle Ron's best mates. Interesting. They are now owned by Martin Higgins, Adam Tovey and Lee Merrifield (as of 1st December 2021). Martin Higgins owns more than 25% but less than 50% of MSP Capital - a property bridging finance firm. Interesting.

Couple of things:

1. Great that JW is getting out and playing games. Players are a long time retired and he should be playing. Hopefully if we move to a "B" team model next year, squad players will get more minutes in proper games (like the one against Brentford).

2. Wimborne Town has a director well known to us. One Harry Redknapp. Who is famously one of Uncle Ron's best mates. Interesting. They are now owned by Martin Higgins, Adam Tovey and Lee Merrifield (as of 1st December 2021). Martin Higgins owns more than 25% but less than 50% of MSP Capital - a property bridging finance firm. Interesting.
I wonder which one is Wimborne Town’s Finance Director?

https://www.dorsetview.co.uk/wimborne-rotarys-fun-day-show-raises-200-dorset-cancer-care/

Mr reliable, we should never have let him leave Colchester but he was offered a much reduced deal and rightly decided to turn the contract offer down. Over 500 1st team games almost exactly split between Colchester and Southend he is an Essex boy through and through. A fitting tribute would be a testimonial between our two clubs, to thank him for his long service.

Mr reliable, we should never have let him leave Colchester but he was offered a much reduced deal and rightly decided to turn the contract offer down. Over 500 1st team games almost exactly split between Colchester and Southend he is an Essex boy through and through. A fitting tribute would be a testimonial between our two clubs, to thank him for his long service.
totally agreed with the above. Rivalry aside, JW deserves a farewell

Never gave less than his best, and, made almost as many comebacks as Frank Sinatra.
Unfortunately, he was a regular in some of the worst teams ever fielded by the Club although that was hardly his fault.
Latterly one sensed the flesh was weak but the spirit was always super willing.
A model professional he deserved better than to have to play during some of the most chaotic and tumultuous periods of the Club's history.
I am not that surprised he has gone out on loan but Wimborne?
There must be some kind of back story here, and, hopefully, it can be dug out by one of our posters who has his ear to the ground.
I wish him nothing but the best for the future both in and out of football.
Like many other Blues supporters I hold him in high regard and really appreciate his efforts and achievements over the years.

The very best of luck goes to Jon White, he must still have a healthy appetite for a challenge signing for Wimborne, I saw them play Taunton a month or so ago, lets just say he's got his work cut out as they were truely awful!

Hope there is an opportunity for a proper farewell should this be the end for him.

Players usually have to play 10 seasons to be awarded a Testimonial Match. Not that we are very good getting them to come to fruition as Kev is still waiting for his after Ronnie Pountney waited years for his. In this day and age 9 seasons with one club is extraordinary and I think that he should be awarded a Testimonial game to honour his service for Southend United.

More games (and goals) for us though. Whitey is a Shrimper ?

Love the idea of a testimonial between the two of us though. John is one of the good guys in the game and would be good to see him rewarded financially and in honour of his service.

The very best of luck goes to Jon White, he must still have a healthy appetite for a challenge signing for Wimborne, I saw them play Taunton a month or so ago, lets just say he's got his work cut out as they were truely awful!

Hope there is an opportunity for a proper farewell should this be the end for him.
I'm sure he will be equal to the task. As an example I expected Josh Coulson to disappear into obscurity at Kings Lynn but there he is being named in the NL team of the week and on loan until the end of the season. JW loves a challenge and provided he can stay fit he will do well there.

Gone out on loan -
Wimborne Town FC@WimborneTownFC·13m?️ We're delighted to announce the signing of John White from @SUFCRootsHall, joining us for the remainder of the season on loan. Welcome John! #UpTheMagpies.
I think the letters above the shirt sum up what John is thinking.

Attachments

• 725FE67B-C127-49DD-A3FA-7F2F3FD7EC11.jpeg
    725FE67B-C127-49DD-A3FA-7F2F3FD7EC11.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 67
And lo it came to pass!

Never took to him as he was ex Col Ewe, but good luck to him.
Thought he done ok for us and to be fair did show passion and give his all.
Dont think he had great quality though, smash the ball away he was good at but passing wise shocking.

John's always been the consummate professional at the Club, nothing ever being too much trouble for him where fans are concerned at RH. He's been around the dugout the last few matches with his son, now 10 and who's only ever known him at Southend, and we've got used to seeing them both - I shall miss my hugs.

He's absolutely put his body on the line for us, and has scored some cracking goals, leading by example on the pitch as captain.

I fully expect John to have a "goodbye" of some kind and wish him all the best as retirement from the playing side beckons.
Seems like a very level headed guy. Hopefully he will always have an association with the club.

Back