• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News John White keen for Southend United's recent away trend to continue

Maybe im just getting old and too jaundiced, but these media platitudes mean nothing to me anymore. Ive seen us lose too often and for too long.

I hope this squad and MM are truly appreciating the gravity of our situation as we all are. Running out of time and need points not talk.

Maybe im just getting old and too jaundiced, but these media platitudes mean nothing to me anymore. Ive seen us lose too often and for too long.

I hope this squad and MM are truly appreciating the gravity of our situation as we all are. Running out of time and need points not talk.
I have long felt the same way. In fact,, there seems to be a correlation between the intensity of such positive platitudes and then a poor performance and a loss.

Much rather the talking is done on the pitch through performance and results. Talk, as they say, is cheap.

It's not an easy balancing trick for the players when approached by press. They don't want to be seen to be unapproachable or unprofessional and do have an element of duty to provide interviews and comment. Their hands are pretty much tied as to what they can come out with!!!
Can't disagree with both your thoughts though. It becomes all a bit predictable and meaningless in our circumstances. Probably if we were in play off places it would be far more entertaining

Last edited:

Agreed stop all the old flannel,just pointless(excuse the pun) guff.

I think there's no harm in all of this as long as fans understand that what players and managers say in the press mean very little in the overall scheme of things.

Let's not forget that for a lot of older fans, they are not comfortable with the internet and still rely on a newspaper to get their Blues news, and for some it is something to look forward to even if it doesn't mean a lot.

I think there's no harm in all of this as long as fans understand that what players and managers say in the press mean very little in the overall scheme of things.

Let's not forget that for a lot of older fans, they are not comfortable with the internet and still rely on a newspaper to get their Blues news, and for some it is something to look forward to even if it doesn't mean a lot.
Yeah no harm in it at all. Just getting a bit concerned with players saying we'll be ok etc, we are not ok we are deep in the **** and need to acknowlege that before its too late.

The like i say lads done good, rub of the green, worked their socks off spiel isnt good enough.

Back