• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News John White signs new deal

Surprised it was only until January 2021.

Im not, a wise move in the current climate. Plus you don’t know whether the new manager wants him so he has the option to not extend come January.

A number on here were concerned regarding the injury/arm so I guess Ron will be congratulated for a sensible compromise- initial contract and if the arm proves to be no problem the club then triggers the option to extend. Sensible business for us, and no doubt JW is confident about the arm and his ability so sees the opportunity to continue here (he made clear he didn't want to go anywhere else).

Sign of the times with the length of the deal. Factoring his injuries now as well it’s not a bad deal

He’s obviously backing himself to go and earn an extension

Didn’t we do something similar with Thompson?

Surprised White was Happy to sign for 6 months. Would have thought he would have looked round for more security.

Surprised White was Happy to sign for 6 months. Would have thought he would have looked round for more security.

Realistically where is he going to get a contract with locally. His only real options are probably Orient and Colchester. At his age I can’t imagine he would fancy a move anywhere outside of Essex/London and I’m sure his family are settled. Plus he’s just set up his business working with TPC which would No doubt benefit from him being local. That would leave him with non league which I’m sure he doesn’t want to do at this current moment.

I think it’s a good deal for both parties, he has a club until the end Jan (some players will be begging for that sort of contract when the season starts and they’re still looking for clubs). If he has another injury we can let him go end of Jan if he doesn’t and plays week in week out it will get extended. If this wasn’t John White everyone would be praising Ron for a shrewd move.

Its a buyers market and there is no need to rush into any signings.

There will be all kinds of incentives and triggers in the deal, I would have thought.

Good business from Ron, and hopefully Whitey stays longer

Back