• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done John.

Brilliant transition from full back to a class centre back.

We were privileged to watch the beginning of the transition at Fleetwood last season when you came in after Anton was injured in the warm up.

Rarely made a mistake since then and you had my vote for player of the year.

How great to have a manager who recognises real defensive qualities.

I just have to share John White’s reported comments from the Club’s website, his comments about SCP are excellent. I just cannot wait for the fixture list to come out: “It will be good to see the manager have a full pre-season with the lads.“It’s never easy coming in midway through the season and trying to implement his own things knowing he’s only got what is in front of him.
“As of when the manager came in I’ve really enjoyed working with him and the way he does things, so it’s something to look forward to next season.”
White played at centre back as opposed to right back throughout the season, and he feels that is now his most natural position.
“I know I said previously that I didn’t really enjoy it that much and I felt that if I was ever put there it was taking one for the team, but now it feels the complete opposite of that. If I was put somewhere else then I wouldn’t be in my strongest position.
“Centre back brings out the best in me and has allowed me to do what I do best.
“The manager seems to fully appreciate what I bring to the team as well. He doesn’t try and get me to do things that aren’t me.
“Because he was a solid defender in his day, he fully appreciates that side of my game and encourages that in a big way.
“He’s a positive man with great energy, drive and commitment and I think that shines through in his teams.”

Really happy that White is staying, thought at one point under PB he was on his way out.
Great news :thumbsup:

Back