• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White

I be moving to Sudbury this year, so I probably pop down to Braintree when I can to watch the match, only 25 minutes drive!

An interesting appointment, he always said he wasn't interested in doing that, plus I wonder how that sits with his SUCET role? Maybe he's running two jobs now.

An interesting appointment, he always said he wasn't interested in doing that, plus I wonder how that sits with his SUCET role? Maybe he's running two jobs now.
John was obviously good mates with Dan Kirby and I remember him launching a vehicle sourcing business. Always assumed he was looking to go down this route when he retired, likely in some sort of conjunction with Dan/TPC.

I interviewed John for the Yellow Advertiser earlier this week and the article is up online now.

He has effectively retired as a player "aside from emergencies and if we are short" also as Iron are part time, he will be able to combine his new coaching role with his work at the Southend Community & Educational Trust too.

Last edited:
I interviewed John for the Yellow Advertiser earlier this week and the article is up online now.

He has effectively retired as a player "aside from emergencies and if we are short" also as Iron are part time, he will be able to combine his new coaching role with his work at the Southend Community & Educational Trust too.

The aren't many players that deserve to be mentioned as a legend but often do.

For me JW is a total legend. Stuck with the club and always gave 100%. Total pro and a really decent bloke too.

So pleased he is having opportunities to stay in football and remains part of SUFC.

The aren't many players that deserve to be mentioned as a legend but often do.

For me JW is a total legend. Stuck with the club and always gave 100%. Total pro and a really decent bloke too.

So pleased he is having opportunities to stay in football and remains part of SUFC.
I like John White and think he was decent when he played for us. Especially in the first season or two and 17/18.

But why did he stick around for so long? I wouldn't say he was JUST being loyal, he probably wouldn't have got a better deal or a decent move anywhere else. Plus he's local so was fairly easy to stay. So for me shouldn't be considered a legend.

You look at Kev who gave almost 10 years of imppecible service. The season before he was robbed off he won our POTY in the Championship! That's a legend.

I would put Ralph in that top bracket of loyalty.

But I'm massively happy to see JW excel in his career and wish him the absolute best.

Back