• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Extremely impressed by White, very professional, great attitude, settled in quickly and leading by example. I hope we can hang onto him, could turn out to be a long serving loyal servant in the mould of Paul Clark / Adam Barrett / Spencer Prior.

That's what we have lacked in recent seasons and for obvious reasons but if we can build a decent spine and hang onto them that's what will get us promoted and also give us that all important affinity between fans and the team.

Extremely impressed by White, very professional, great attitude, settled in quickly and leading by example. I hope we can hang onto him, could turn out to be a long serving loyal servant in the mould of Paul Clark / Adam Barrett / Spencer Prior.

That's what we have lacked in recent seasons and for obvious reasons but if we can build a decent spine and hang onto them that's what will get us promoted and also give us that all important affinity between fans and the team.
I am surprised we managed to get both White and Coker from Col u, their current two full backs must be pretty special, though their league position does not seem to bear this out
UTB

We signed Coker from Histon. But yes, Colchester did let him go.

In fairness Coker did say he is in the form of his life. Maybe he wasn't as good when he was at Col Ewe. Maybe that is because of the management here as opposed to there, or maybe it's just good timing.

I was concerned when Clohessey left but White is a good replacement even if he is a Col U reject :), and Coker is well above any left back we have had in recent years.

The thing I like about Coker is he really puts in a shift. He plays like he is playing in a cup final most of the time. I think him dropping out of the Leagues has made him more hungrier than most.
Also, yes, White has turned out to be a great replacement for Clohessy.

Just commented on the Lee Sawyer thread about him being a talented player who's wasted his career, but both Coker and Clohessy have shown that with the right attitude and hard work there is a way back into the league. And I doubt either of them have got Sawyer's natural ability.

I was concerned when Clohessey left but White is a good replacement even if he is a Col U reject :), and Coker is well above any left back we have had in recent years.

White: Good acquisition - just gets on with the game and is now proving to be quite good at crossing over with the midfielder when required and getting in some useful crosses. :thumbsup:

As for Coker. Eh? What even better than Gilbert! You're having a laugh aren't you. :unsure:

Hash tag: BringbackGilbertnow!

Last edited:
White: Good aquisition - just gets on with the game and is now proving to be quite good at crossing over with the midfielder when required and getting in some useful crosses. :thumbsup:

As for Coker. Eh? What even better than Gilbert! You're having a laugh aren't you. :unsure:

Hash tag: BringbackGilbertnow!

According to Chris Phillips last week he is back - well training with us at least while he recovers from injury.

According to what I've been told Ben Coker didn't have the right attitude at Colchester so he's clearly got his head sorted out since they let him go. Great acquisition. And John White? Solid and dependable, gets in some great crosses....sounds a perfect replacement for Mr Clohessy :thumbsup:

Back