• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JW made a mistake on Saturday with the pass back which we got away with, but It's more worrying that he was there in the first place, if we had injuries then fine I accept that he has to play there at Luton away, but we had two CH on the bench and one of these should have been playing and JW should have been at right back and this would have made Lenny available for a more attacking role....this was done to the inept and clueless decision by Brown and that's the bottom line, but brown gave his reasons why in the echo and sounded even more crazy, he was worried that Thompson might have got another yellow card, FFS Brown stop tinkering with the Defence keep it simple.....RB CH CH LB.......the right players in the right positions unless there is a player Banned or injured :angry:

This one!
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

I think Prosser is now on 4 yellows, so does this mean Jack Payne will come in alongside White at CB? Although, judging by Bolger's previous performances I may just prefer payne to Bolger.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

I don't understand the vilification of JW. Half decent right back. Made a mistake at centre half, but looked better than Thompson and Bolger have - where general incompetence has been the issue

If you want a villain, what's wrong with one of the players not in the team because they can't defend or shoot, or better still, the manager who bought them all.

Leave John White alone. He is an excellent leader, and is massively influential on the other players. Just because he made a mistake when being asked to play out of position, does that make him a bad leader, or a bad player??

For or me, this shows a remarkable lack of insight from some of our fans. Just because he doesn't shout and rant, does that mean he isn't leading?? What sort of leader would he be if he worked in a different setting, say in an office or a hospital. Would it be acceptable to have a leader who constantly shouts and orders people around...?

No, thought not. So why is a captain on a football field any different?

JW leads by example. He is quiet, thoughtful and the other players clearly respect him and listen to him, and he loves our club, so what us the issue here? As a leader, he is great, and for me, he is as good a captain as Kevin Maher or Adam Barratt were, and for me he is more effective as he is, because he is effective for the entire team, and it gives space to Prosser to rally the defence when needed.

Leave John White alone. He is an excellent leader, and is massively influential on the other players. Just because he made a mistake when being asked to play out of position, does that make him a bad leader, or a bad player??

For or me, this shows a remarkable lack of insight from some of our fans. Just because he doesn't shout and rant, does that mean he isn't leading?? What sort of leader would he be if he worked in a different setting, say in an office or a hospital. Would it be acceptable to have a leader who constantly shouts and orders people around...?

JW leads by example. He is quiet, thoughtful and the other players clearly respect him and listen to him, and he loves our club, so what us the issue here? As a leader, he is great, and for me, he is as good a captain as Kevin Maher or Adam Barratt were, and for me he is more effective as he is, because he is effective for the entire team, and it gives space to Prosser to rally the defence when needed.

My, my, me agreeing 100% with ms brush, who would have thought they'd live to see the day?! :stunned: And what's more, can't +rep it cos I have to "spread it around" - well, that's one in the bank then.

I always find it helpful to come onto a club's fan website and slag a player off.

I think if my customers came into my office and called me a useless tosser or went on line and did it, I may not feel inclined to give them the service they think they deserve.

Has anyone said that?

I don't think the criticism is about his captaincy, but about his general level of performance in recent months. You want your captain to be ever-present when fit, due to their ability as well as their leadership skills.

Leadership isn't something we can directly judge because we're not members of the team, but the team's performances have been a bit shambolic and so he needs to be doing what he can to improve that as captain - building confidence in our loan players and under-performing players especially. Also, he's not leading by example if he's making the worst mistakes on the pitch - if anyone else had done that header, the stick would have been 100 times worse than it has been for White.

If he's still playing through his shoulder injury then at some point he needs to say "listen, I need to get this fixed properly".

Back